Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Tour Talk

rated by 0 users
Sat, Dec 18 2021 11:28 AM (21 replies)
  • mingos01
    3,322 Posts
    Sun, Dec 12 2021 10:49 AM

I was waiting for a tourneament 4 days...18 holes and single play...for years.....now i love The King s   Cup.

I did my usual rounds at Pebble and Beth...but i did bad rounds Kiawah and Pinehurst....i try top 70 all weeks...and i got it 2 or 3 times..but this week...difficult for me.

I saw you on the top Brett...and always with exc rounds.

Congrats!!!

My approches didn t work at kiawah and Pine...well...waiting the next Kings!!!!

Luis

• DufferJohn7
    3,561 Posts
    Sun, Dec 12 2021 12:34 PM

Way to go,  Brett!  I'm also really enjoying the King's Cup tournament.  For a run of the mill player like myself the challenge to put together four good rounds of single play gets the adrenaline flowing.  So far I've managed a couple of top 70 finishes making me feel good running with the big dogs. 

I'm afraid it's not going to happen this week.  After a good start both Kiawah and Pinehurst got me.  My game was pretty good but just couldn't score.  It's frustrating to hit fairways and greens, even getting heartbeat approaches then missing the @#%#& putt.  At least I laugh a lot and, indeed I'm missing closer. 

This is a great format and I hope it remains. 

Have fun and hit em straight, 

John 

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2021 2:36 AM

What is this Kings Cup tournament you are speaking of ? I looked in the WGT tournament section and do not see it. Please....enlighten me. TIA.

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2021 4:56 AM

callaghan159:

What is this Kings Cup tournament you are speaking of ? I looked in the WGT tournament section and do not see it. Please....enlighten me. TIA.

It will show up with the other weekly tournaments on Thursdays. It only lasts for 4 days. You have 24 hours to play each of the 18-hole single play rounds. Each round is on a different course. They have had it almost every week for the past couple months. So look for it first thing Thursday. I think it's a 5 credit entry and they have a payout to the top 70 just like typical WGT tournaments.

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2021 1:39 PM

BPeterson8256:

callaghan159:

It will show up with the other weekly tournaments on Thursdays. It only lasts for 4 days. You have 24 hours to play each of the 18-hole single play rounds. Each round is on a different course. They have had it almost every week for the past couple months. So look for it first thing Thursday. I think it's a 5 credit entry and they have a payout to the top 70 just like typical WGT tournaments.

OK thanks Brett. I'm not worried about winning credits....I'm not good enough for that. I usually try to play a few of the weeklies but haven't had time the last little while and never noticed the Kings Cup.

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Thu, Dec 16 2021 5:47 AM

callaghan159:

What is this Kings Cup tournament 

Week 51's WGT King's Cup tournament.

...just a reminder

Cheers

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Thu, Dec 16 2021 10:40 AM

BPeterson8256:

callaghan159:

What is this Kings Cup tournament 

Week 51's WGT King's Cup tournament.

...just a reminder

Cheers

thanks ......finished with a 56...good for a tie for 7th. Par 3's kill me. Only managed to birdy 1 out of 4 but almost got a albatross on a par 4...0.8 ft from the hole.😂

• mingos01
    3,322 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2021 7:03 AM

King's Cup

This week...i was asleep...lol

Round 1...ERIN  67...missing 3 or 4 easy putts...grrrrrr

Round 2...MERION   67....hole 6  i was -4....and i felt brave...so....i tried green from tee, but my ball was stopped in a tree....so i did double bogey...after that i was scared...and just 1 more birdie and pars...

Last week i did 69th.....woooo hooooooooooo....lol

Good luck e1

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2021 5:18 AM

Glad round 3 is done with. 🤣🤣🤣 Had 7 birds and 3 bogeys with that crazy wind. I should be happy but I couldn't hit the greens close enough to the pin and with my putting that's not good. 🙄🙄🙄 Usually play the high winds better than what I did this round. Looking forward to round 4. Good luck to everyone else rest of the way. Have fun is the most important. Cheers.
    Brian

• mingos01
    3,322 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2021 5:35 AM

Played R St George....i tried a fair round...but an unexpected bogey (par 5 hole back 9)..did my round dirty round...lol...at least i got 6 birdies..for a Total score 65 (-5).

Good luck all

I ll try my best in final round to get top 70

Luis

RSS