Forums

Help › Forums

CTTH distance discrepancy

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 6 2021 11:13 PM (3 replies)
  • Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Fri, Dec 3 2021 3:03 PM

Playoff hole in coin game will sometimes post 2 different distances. Upper left with say "8 yards", but above the flag it says "24 yards". Those numbers vary, but I've seen this bug at least 4 different times. PS. always believe the yardage at the hole. 

While I'm posting let me add... Can't your opponent's ball be invisible on the green while you putt? Seems an easy fix. Stymies haven't been part of the game since the early 50's. I know it's not a true stymie since you can putt through your opponents ball. Still a silly distraction. 

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2021 10:57 AM

Duphpherer:
    Playoff hole in coin game will sometimes post 2 different distances. Upper left with say "8 yards", but above the flag it says "24 yards". Those numbers vary, but I've seen this bug at least 4 different times. PS. always believe the yardage at the hole.

Are you sure in that situation it didn't say 24 feet, not 24 yards?  Usually on shorter shots, if you change to your Putter (eg. to get a better view of the break on the green), it will switch to feet.

• BOZskills
    392 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2021 4:55 PM

No Sam, op is correct i've seen the same bug.

• RobHon
    78 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2021 11:13 PM

There is a situation on 15 @ Merion where this happens and I believe one of the readings suggests 8 yards there. That one is a display issue as it's obviously much longer than that. Move the aimer slightly just to be sure if in doubt.

As SamSpayed notes, 8 yards ~ 24 feet so that could be driving the particular variance you see if it's a different hole.

RSS