Forums

Help › Forums

who will have the last word .

Mon, May 16 2022 1:38 AM (1,567 replies)
  • craigswan
    24,257 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2022 3:21 AM

Golf Drive GIFs | Tenor

• craigswan
    24,257 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2022 7:52 AM

Items that got stuck in Americans’ orifices last year include a piece of cake (ear), ‘hard poop’ (nose), ‘unknown amount of marbles’ (throat), ‘headphones’ cord’ (pe nis), barbell (vag ina), and stress ball (rectum)..

Sounds like a hell of a party .

What can I say? I was having a bad day..

This is the content your here for .

When it was a strawberry my doctor said ‘I can give you some cream for that.

When it was a cricket ball my doctor enquired ‘how’s that?’

When it was a bunch of Scrabble tiles I thought my next poop could spell trouble!

I’ll see myself out…

• craigswan
    24,257 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2022 7:56 AM

LYING FLAT .

It’s one of the most popular pandemic myths: the one about all those millennial Americans who’ve supposedly hit the pause button in promising careers in a quest for more meaningful lives.

The latest data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics confirms the less romantic reality that my Bloomberg Opinion colleague Justin Fox and others have identified — the record percentage of Americans quitting their jobs is being driven by turnover among low-income workers in certain industries, not by burned out white-collar workers..

Yet the persistence of the myth of what’s been called the Great Resignation suggests that it has enduring appeal. Reports from China indicate that the movement dubbed lying flat on Chinese social media might have more sticking power there.

Yet the persistence of the myth of what’s been called the Great Resignation suggests that it has enduring appeal. Reports from China indicate that the movement dubbed lying flat on Chinese social media might have more sticking power there..

Discuss joe .

• craigswan
    24,257 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2022 8:15 AM

Where the term 'bogey' comes from .

It goes back to 1890, when somebody from the Great Yarmouth club was playing and was told he had to play against the ground score..

Bogey used to mean the par score - and because he found it so hard to beat, he called it the bogey man, because the song was so popular at the time..

As for 'par', there's a simpler explanation: " don't exactly know the ultimate origin, but it goes back to the Latin 'par', meaning 'equal'."

YARN | Oh, sure. Par, par, bogey, bogey, par, par. | Home for the Holidays  | Video gifs by quotes | 7c7553dd | 紗

• craigswan
    24,257 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2022 8:22 AM

I described someone as a “bayard” today at golf. My partner was massively impressed..

A man of heroic courage and unstained honour .

I think .

• craigswan
    24,257 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2022 8:54 AM

"My ball ... came to rest within six inches of the cup. I said 'That was a bird of a shot ... I suggest that when one of us plays a hole in one under par he receives double compensation.' The other two agreed and we began right away, just as soon as the next one came, to call it a 'birdie.' "

Ab (Abner) Smith, 1903 .

Eagle was just a natural extension of the avian theme of birdie. What's better than 1-under? Two-under. What's bigger, grander, more majestic than a little birdie? An eagle. (And "albatross" later came along for the same reason. So once "birdie" was established as the term for 1-under par, avian terms for 2-under par and 3-under par were also adopted.)

• craigswan
    24,257 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2022 8:56 AM

Kid Golfers GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• gonfission
    1,925 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2022 6:54 PM
    A young woman was out taking golf lessons

She had just started her first round, when she suffered a bee sting

Her pain was so intense, that she decided to return to the clubhouse for help, and to complain

Her golf pro saw her return and asked "why are you back so early"?

"I was stung by a bee" she said

"Where" the pro said

"In between the first & second hole" she replied

Nodding knowingly,  "Well then, said the pro, your legs were too far apart"

Thank you, I'll show myself out............................
  • craigswan
    24,257 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2022 2:59 AM

So who says wgt scoreboard is not real golf ..

Cameron Smith finished at 34-under 258, a new PGA Tour record for shots under par; John Rahm produced 33-under and Matt Jones 32-under at Kapalua; Smith's win is his fourth career PGA Tour title .

Maybe we should all grow a mullet .

PGA TOUR on Twitter: "@NHL Cameron Smith's mullet is evolving. 👀  https://t.co/2CHL5R0VLa" / Twitter

• craigswan
    24,257 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2022 3:00 AM

Cameron Smith's mullet has gotten 'filthier,' puts poor Hunter Mahan's  mullet to shame | This is the Loop | Golf Digest

RSS