Forums

Help › Forums

Degree's of wind

Wed, Jan 19 2022 10:48 AM (61 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Tue, Dec 7 2021 11:06 AM

Right. The internal numbers are minutes and the external numbers are percentages (not degrees), in case someone is interested in. 

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Tue, Dec 7 2021 11:20 AM

HamdenPro:

This would lead one to rightly presume, imho, that the more, and lengthy, flatulence one has, the farther one can hit the ball. 

Don’t forget timing. There is a need for a synchronous relationship between the release of the gas and the position of the club head in the swing. If not properly regulated the results could be potentially catastrophic as the untimely release of the gas could adversely affect the flight of the ball. 
  • HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Dec 7 2021 11:35 AM

Cicero733:
    . If not properly regulated the results could be potentially catastrophic as the untimely release of the gas could adversely affect the flight of the ball. 

Not if you time it to occur between polar shifts. In fact, considering your prior posts, if done right, the release of gas could correct the 180 degree alteration you are worried about given the change in declination.

You really should pre-order my book.

P.S.  Sorry Scott, but he started it.

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Dec 7 2021 12:01 PM

SamSpayed:
    If you use anything else, you're not using correct math.

Are you suggesting that only your math is the correct math?  If so, then in two sentences, you just turned HamdenPhysics completely topsy turvy.

So, it seems to suggest that flatulence has nothing whatsoever to do with how far and true a ball flies (obviously without taking into consideration where the ball is placed).

Sorry, Scott, I really am trying to stay out of it, but I cannot seem to moderate myself as well as I would like to.

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Wed, Dec 8 2021 1:01 AM

Don't be sorry, a little humorous distraction is no bad thing.  ; )

• Cameron122010
    23 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2022 11:18 PM

Just so I understand correctly, are those the percentages for how much to move for aim or how much to adjust for distance ? e.g.  15 mph wind at 2 o’clock is 50% . Does that mean adjust your aim 7.5 or add 7.5 yards to your shot ? 

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2022 11:42 AM

Yiannis1970:

Perhaps i was not clear enough Scott...my bad.

I know how to make transparent the image using photoshop. The idea though is to make this pic usable with the game...i mean creating this circle and drag it to the wind indication while you are playing. I don't think can be made in .jpg or .png format.

Though not as detailed as that ,daddyskat's wind calculator has a clockface that can be used in the game,

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2022 2:50 PM

Thank you.

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2022 1:13 AM

Cameron122010:
    Just so I understand correctly, are those the percentages for how much to move for aim or how much to adjust for distance ? e.g.  15 mph wind at 2 o’clock is 50% . Does that mean adjust your aim 7.5 or add 7.5 yards to your shot ?

I've kind of lost track of this thread but if you are referring to this image...

...then I believe the percentages refer to the amount of the wind that is effectively pushing the ball forwards or backwards.

So at half past 2 for example (left to right wind), you have a figure of 26%. This means that 26% of the wind force is pushing the ball forwards and 74% of the wind force is pushing it sideways. Therefore if you have a 10mph wind in the half past 2 direction (left to right wind), you effectively have a 2.6mph (26% of 10mph) wind pushing the ball forwards, and a 7.4mph (74% of 10mph) wind pushing the ball sideways.

How far you adjust your aim depends on the distance of your shot. The longer the ball remains in the air the more effect the wind has upon it.

⇩ EDIT : Thank you Yiannis.  ; ) ⇩

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2022 3:04 AM

Exactly right Scott.

RSS