Forums

Help › Forums

WGT must create the next levels beyond 200...Soon!

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 10 2022 6:03 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • civman
    698 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2021 5:20 AM

I'm extending this as a courtesy to WGT.  I know of level 200 Tour Champions who are leaving WGT on January 1, 2022.  They are leaving because WGT refuses to extend the levels beyond 200 and create the next tier to support that.  Some of these people spend $1000-2000 per month on balls and passes.  Does WGT want to lose that income stream because they are unwilling to program the new levels and tiers?  WGT needs to recognize the needs all players, stop promising improvements and not delivering.  People are walking away from the game, you can't be that blind.  Come on WGT, start delivering or watch the ship keep sinking, until nothing's left to salvage.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2021 11:35 AM

While I agree that there should be levels beyond 200 since there are people reaching it, I don't think that's why they would leave.  

IMHO I think the problem with levels is the lack of equipment beyond level 102 (think that's the highest level requirement).  Once you are at the level to get all the best equipment there is nothing left to "play for" in the equipment aspect.  From there you either play for the friendship, love of the game or both.  

Even if they did start adding higher level equipment, how much better can they make clubs/balls before it's too much?

That's how I see it anyways.  ;-)

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2021 3:15 PM

hpurey:

Even if they did start adding higher level equipment, how much better can they make clubs/balls before it's too much?

That's how I see it anyways.  ;-)

It already is.

It's not that though, although not the only L200 player in his CC he means the most known of one, see her status.  One of the other L200 players still buys XP ultra boosts, perhaps that purple stuff is addictive ;-)

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2021 4:51 PM

civman:
    I know of level 200 Tour Champions who are leaving WGT on January 1, 2022.  They are leaving because WGT refuses to extend the levels beyond 200 and create the next tier to support that.  Some of these people spend $1000-2000 per month on balls and passes.

That's $12,000 to $24,000 per year.  On a cartoon golf game.  Are you sure about that?  That seems a bit high to me.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2021 7:23 PM

SamSpayed:

civman:
    I know of level 200 Tour Champions who are leaving WGT on January 1, 2022.  They are leaving because WGT refuses to extend the levels beyond 200 and create the next tier to support that.  Some of these people spend $1000-2000 per month on balls and passes.

That's $12,000 to $24,000 per year.  On a cartoon golf game.  Are you sure about that?  That seems a bit high to me.

LOL  yep.  Maybe he's thinking in terms of credits spent instead of credits bought. I'm sure these players aren't depositing that much new money into the game, it's all just recycled money.

Take me for instance.  I've put  $3 into the game of my own money in the last 8 months and have purchased roughly ten sleeves of Titleist slow meter balls.  Most credits I spend are from winnings or free credit offers/videos.  It may still be a revenue for WGT but for me personally I don't really spend my own money here very often.

Credit Balance 9,665 Cr

Coin Balance 17,890,407 Cn

Last Deposit $3.00 (29 Mar 2021)

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Dec 2 2021 3:00 AM

SamSpayed:

This is a bit unscientific but should give a rough idea.

I counted 1,029 passes (only counted once and quite quickly)  back to the start of November.  They were bought in different amounts and that makes a difference to what they cost, I'm taking 25 as an average and there would be 41.16 25's.

41.16 x 851c = 35,027c

I noticed at least two XP super boosts = 11,990c

Balls; we don't know how many are being bought each transaction so it's tricky. I've never seen a score history span such a short period of time, so lots of rounds but most of these are easy set up 9 hole par 3 and therefor just 9 hits. During the clash I'm sure things are different.  Lets say a sleeve a day as an average, maybe a slight overestimate.

31 x 600c = 18,600c

Without checking I'll add prem' membership =1,500c pm

Total 67,117

I'm sure someone that has many millions of xp's above those needed for the top level and still buys super boosts will find more to spend on than I can think of.  (CC tournaments although assuming she funds the par 3 one a large chunk of that probably comes back.)

So overall probably an exaggeration but maybe not a massive one.

I don't understand the "achievement " that's being pursued here, as this thread indicates it's simply about spending money and the leverage that is assumed to give those that spend most, L201?!  That said I've no idea why wgt wouldn't encourage them to spend on nothing, bring out L201 at under what she has now but also L202 a bit above, L203 to follow when needed.......... 

No higher level equipment though please.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Dec 2 2021 5:20 AM

civman:
    I know of level 200 Tour Champions who are leaving WGT on January 1, 2022.  They are leaving because WGT refuses to extend the levels beyond 200 and create the next tier to support that.
    No offence intended, but if so, I'd commend WGT for a measure to fend off gaming addicts. Hope they find their lives back after quitting.

It's o.k. for me to see so. enjoying the game over and over and over, but the demand of new carrots to pursue towards a questionable top IMHO shows decreasing mental health.

To me, levels are a means to become eligible to equipment, until L103(?), and tiers are only meaningful if there are enough players to compete with. After that, they become nonsense.

I also believe that WGT's income stream comes from hundreds of new-ish players buying equipment while climbing the ranks, rather than from the few who are saturated.

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Thu, Dec 2 2021 6:37 AM

It's golf .

Nobody in real life scores anything like some of the scores posted in here .

Take it to the extreme .

Holes in one at every hole .

Bryson James Aldrich DeChambeau would be proud .

Bryson Dechambeau Golf GIF by Rocket Mortgage

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Sun, Dec 5 2021 1:09 PM

any level gain does nothing past 102.  Tier change just makes it harder with faster and faster greens.

You're advocating a change that does nothing for the people other than chasing a carrot that has zero nutritional value and has no taste.

nothing. 

and it's not even skill based it's really just the ability to play every day and multiple rounds a day. i can teach a 8 year old to do that.

• Roje2021
    6 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2022 8:57 PM

They could definitely add new clubs. The highest stock yardage for a driver is 292. They could definitely add 3-5 yards to some drivers every 10-15 levels after 102 without it getting out of hand. Heck, people are already shooting 40's in hard conditions on championship greens.

• PAGES
RSS