Help › Forums

Coins instead of apparel

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 29 2022 2:56 PM (36 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 8:49 AM

Robert1893:
    Or are there some advantages that Legend tier players have over TL and above that I'm not seeing? That is possible.

It's about who you play not from what tees or on what green speed (if you note the name of his CC it may be he'd like faster greens, probably to practice on them for major tournaments).

A more direct answer to your question, in the Aug and Sept Legend tier opens and Jdrf thing he won 8,000c, 7,000c and 1,620c respectively all playing against only Legends.  If he tiered up there would be similar competitions (or the same one with the jdrf) but, the theory is, he'd have more difficult opposition.

This bit isn't necessarily about him or a particular person.  What some, especially restarts, do is get to legend and only play the premium tiered credit tournaments, they'd do it in the earlier tiers too but you don't get so many rounds there and the prizes take quite a jump at Legend.  Things like the Monthly where the winner gets 8,000c.  Typically they wait until near the end of the month to play so that they can see what they need for one of the three prizes and if they aren't going to get one they quit the round so as not to use one up, with 500 rounds allowed you can do this for quite a while.

While anyone that is a restart is breaking the rules, only entering these tournaments (and not playing other rr's) isn't.  That is what MK thinks he's doing and he may well be right. 

I just think wgt need to fix the whole tier system as, especially with many playing mostly or only coin games, it's broken. 

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 9:00 AM

BPeterson8256:
    Perhaps someone else can verify if this helps or if it was merely coincidence. 

I can only verify the thought that it seems to work this way, haven't paid close attention but this seems to happen frequently.

JDGHOST:
    My goal was really only to Max out my driver and 3wood distance for showdown play and after some extreme diligence I was almost able to accomplish that.... Why "almost" ?? Glad you asked...

I never really had a goal on apparel, but have not had these same issues either. Enjoy the journey IMO...

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 9:52 AM

sandbagging in golf  is playing worse than your abilities in order to play with an artificially high handicap.

I find it laughable that because someone doesn't try to rush through the tiers ( like most do) that they are accused of bagging it.

That because they don't artificially lower their average by playing red tee tourneys (like most do) they are accused of bagging it.

he's scoring great. that's the opposite of sandbagging.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 12:18 PM

Mythanatos:

sandbagging in golf  is playing worse than your abilities in order to play with an artificially high handicap.

I find it laughable that because someone doesn't try to rush through the tiers ( like most do) that they are accused of bagging it.

That because they don't artificially lower their average by playing red tee tourneys (like most do) they are accused of bagging it.

he's scoring great. that's the opposite of sandbagging.

Perfectly said 

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 1:21 PM

BPeterson8256:
    When I first got to L9 with the Max shirt, I was wearing it along with the Max hat, Max glove, and Max shoes for appearance. When I was wearing that combination and playing in the coin rooms, it seemed like points for those items came up the majority of time while using Max for a sponsor. A similar thing happened to me when I was wearing C & M items. Perhaps someone else can verify if this helps or if it was merely coincidence. 

It doesn't matter what apparel you happen to be wearing.  It only matters what Sponsor you pick for your sponsored rounds.

When you pick a sponsor (eg. Max or C&M), you are guaranteed at least 1 point towards that sponsor's apparel items in every Apparel Pack you win.  Usually, you get more than 1 point.  So your getting lots of points towards the Max items when you've picked Max as your sponsor (for example) is exactly what you're supposed to get.

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 3:41 PM

SamSpayed:

It doesn't matter what apparel you happen to be wearing.  It only matters what Sponsor you pick for your sponsored rounds.

When you pick a sponsor (eg. Max or C&M), you are guaranteed at least 1 point towards that sponsor's apparel items in every Apparel Pack you win.  Usually, you get more than 1 point.  So your getting lots of points towards the Max items when you've picked Max as your sponsor (for example) is exactly what you're supposed to get.

I think you (or maybe I did) misunderstood what he was saying- I believe he means That the apparel he is wearing seems more likely to pick up the point rather than a random piece of MAX clothing getting the points. 

Unless someone has kept record of what they were wearing and what they received, It would be hard to dispute this.

• rjteeithi
    673 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 3:50 PM

MioKontic:

PrimerLance:

It would take ages longer for anyone less skilled

Isn't it about time you started playing some ranked games and move up to the correct tier rather than sitting in the lowly Legend tier.  Two and a half years in Legend Tier with your 'skill', and playing AND placing in just a few premium tournaments, does nothing but scream sandbagger!

If you're a legend, there is no sandbagging. Hell blame WGT for these one hole games, because they are the reason I dont play that many ranked games anymore. CC tourney's and thats it. why play a tourney that takes a 57 to crack the credits?

• MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 4:34 PM

DodgyPutter:

While anyone that is a restart is breaking the rules, only entering these tournaments (and not playing other rr's) isn't.  That is what MK thinks he's doing and he may well be right. 

That is exactly what I'm saying.  Take a look at his Showdown results too - 5 top 10 finishes... in the Veteran competition, including a win!  And that's mostly against Champs and Tour Champs!  It is obvious he's staying at the Legend tier in order to scalp all the other Legends.  And who's to say he's not a restarter - no one will know that!

And BossBird - I think you need to learn to count - he does NOT play 15 ranked rounds per month, he has only played 8 ranked rounds since August 2021, 6 of those being premier tournaments for big purses!  In comparison, I do NOT play ANY premium tournaments, only the weekly WGT tournaments, which incidentally he never enters because it would be a ranked round for pittance!

Ever since WGT allowed restarts the game has been brought into disrepute by hundreds and thousands of players who have restarted, and moreso by WGT for allowing them to do it. Like I said above, we dont know if he is a restarter or not, but he obviously knows how to beat the system!

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 4:43 PM

rjteeithi:

why play a tourney that takes a 57 to crack the credits?

PureGro1:

I believe he means That the apparel he is wearing seems more likely to pick up the point rather than a random piece of MAX clothing getting the points. 

Unless someone has kept record of what they were wearing and what they received, It would be hard to dispute this.

Yes, that is what my personal experience hints at. My example is that I was using the Max sponsor trying to level up to get that L9 shirt. I kept track (mentally) of how often I was getting points towards it. It seemed like I was getting about 10 points per 30 minute session (or 6 single hole games). After I got the shirt, when I was wearing it, I started getting close to 30 points per 30 minute session. Still, this is merely anecdotal evidence. However, the same thing happened when I was trying to get the green C & M pants and hat. Perhaps it is just WGT's way of saying "ha ha... now you got what you want I will make it look easier" 😂🤣

• AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 4:51 PM

I’ve noticed in the past couple weeks that I get coins when WGT gives me apparel that I’ve maxed out.   But only my sponsored apparel. E.g.,  If I’m claiming SE sponsorship at the time, I get nothing for continually receiving maxed out Max glove., but I do get coins if I get an already-maxed out SE item.

RSS