Coins instead of apparel

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 29 2022 2:56 PM (36 replies)
  • MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Sat, Jan 15 2022 5:02 AM

Robert1893:

DodgyPutter:
    The fact he doesn't play more, rr's etc is what MK is complaining about it does not contradict "milking it for all it's worth".

I think it does (i.e., that he doesn't play more rounds where credits are at stake).

We simply disagree. 

Becasue the credits he would win in minor competitions aren't worth expending a ranked round for, meaning he is cherry picking the tournaments for best return amongst lesser oposition for a long as he can, rather than the players he ought be playing with/against, as can be seen from his USGA Grand Slam Series results.

Take a look at his showdown results too - never played at Rookie, played 1 at Expert level, but all others at Veteran level with exceptional results against some of the better Champs and Tour Champs.  And might I add, he scores far better than you in normal ranked rounds, and yet you are 2 tiers above him!

Again, he is milking it for all it's worth!  Unless WGT elevate him to at least Champion (which is at least the level he is playing at) he will remain at Legend for a few years to come and continue "milking it for all it's worth".

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Sat, Jan 15 2022 6:00 AM

MioKontic:
    Again, he is milking it for all it's worth!  Unless WGT elevate him to at least Champion (which is at least the level he is playing at) he will remain at Legend for a few years to come and continue "milking it for all it's worth".

If you feel that strongly about it, then you should contact WGT directly (if you have not already done so). 

Everything that needed to be said regarding the issue has been said. Of course, there is the separate question of whether or not any of it actually needed to be said here. Better form would seem to suggest having just contacted WGT privately rather than using this thread. 

But...

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Jan 15 2022 7:40 AM

Robert1893:

MioKontic:

If you feel that strongly about it, then you should contact WGT directly (if you have not already done so). 

Everything that needed to be said regarding the issue has been said. Of course, there is the separate question of whether or not any of it actually needed to be said here. Better form would seem to suggest having just contacted WGT privately rather than using this thread. 

But...

Mine I could leave, but really?

What he is saying is true, it affects other players and isn't costing wgt anything.

He is here in the forum informing other players.  In my opinion you are misleading these same players.  If he, and I, leave it at "everything that needs to be said regarding this issue has been said" (because you said so?), from someone that doesn't really play for credits, then many may believe you.  I've no doubt some still will but at least this way I've tried.

I don't even see what there was to inform wgt about, this is not against their rules but some of us, well two at least, think it may be morally wrong.  If the latter means nothing then yes this, along with an awful lot of other things, wont matter.  If it isn't a first account then it is against the rules but without proof of that there's no point in officially informing wgt, but you never know discussing it here may encourage them to look.

-Imagine sarcastic and clever picture or video here- 

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Sat, Jan 15 2022 7:48 AM

Robert1893:

+1000

rjteeithi:

C'mon WGT, we don't want coin bonus' when our slacks are level 10 or whatever!

How hard is it to give us clothing that is not full to the brink?

Sometimes it seems there are only children creating this damn game

How did we get from the above OP to the below post?!? Need a road map to figure this out.

DodgyPutter:
    I don't even see what there was to inform wgt about, this is not against their rules but some of us, well two at least, think it may be morally wrong.  If the latter means nothing then yes this, along with an awful lot of other things, wont matter.  If it isn't a first account then it is against the rules but without proof of that there's no point in officially informing wgt, but you never know discussing it here may encourage them to look.

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Sat, Jan 15 2022 8:03 AM

@DodgyPutter

First, this thread was not about the issue he raised with the player. That's why it was bad form. If the community needed to know about it, then the proper approach (apparently) would have been to start a separate thread.

Second, I didn't "mislead" anyone. I basically said I disagreed. That's it. In other words, I offered an alternative opinion. And, in part, that's what discussion boards are about. People discuss and offer various opinions or viewpoints. Some opinions are informed; some are not informed. If you believe my opinion is uninformed, I'm fine with that.

But it's up to the reader to weigh each person's post and determine the veracity of what they post. If my opinion is uninformed, then that should be clear to even the most casual of reader. But there's no "misleading" on my part. Misleading would suggest I'm posting something as being true even though I know it is not true. That's not the case here.

And third, I didn't say you or he had to "leave it" because I said so. I'm not sure how one could come to that conclusion. Again, I simply offered an opinion that everything has been said that can be said. On that opinion, again, I could be wrong or uninformed. But offering an opinion is not the same as me saying others have to "leave it."

Yes, I didn't qualify it by stating "in my opinion" or having IMO in a parenthetical. But I always thought those qualifiers to be redundant. Of course, it's my opinion. It's a discussion board. I shouldn't have to clarify that I'm posting my opinion.

Regardless, if you and he want to discuss it some more, have at it. I suppose there is a part of me that's curious to know what more does need to be said. 

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Sat, Jan 15 2022 8:03 AM

PureGro1:
    How did we get from the above OP to the below post?!? Need a road map to figure this out.

+1

• rjteeithi
    673 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2022 2:56 PM

Damn Thread Jacks

RSS