Forums

Help › Forums

Well, that's a new way to blow up a round! Anyone seen this before?

Fri, Nov 26 2021 12:28 AM (0 replies)
  • RobHon
    77 Posts
    Fri, Nov 26 2021 12:28 AM

So this happened to me in the clash on CB 12. I'm still perplexed hours later. Any ideas?

Playing on mobile phone. CB 12, the short par 4. I have a fantastic wind, absolutely perfect for full backspin 3W @ 100% power and aiming slightly left. Ridge behind hole will act as a backstop. Eagle territory.

So I take the REVERSE view behind the green, move the aimer to the fringe of the green, switch to 3W, apply full backspin. I don't even bother to go back to the view from the tee. I just hit the shot right there from the reverse camera angle.

OK, I didn't quite hit the ding, but I never do. It was close enough and I'm happy. A bit disappointed not to receive the vibration you get on mobile when it's a heartbeat and going close though.. But then I see why...

The view flips to to view from the tee, and the avatar who is initially aiming at the green turns to my horror through a full 90 degrees to the left and smashes a DRIVER (yes, not the 3W I just selected on reverse view) 298 yards WAAAAAY into the sea. It had to be a driver because a 3W wouldn't go that far into what would have been a partial headwind that direction.

Now, it is of course possible that I'm an idiot and did something wrong, but it's kinda hard to believe as I could see where the aimer was when I hit (so it wasn't like I somehow moved it into the sea) and I know I dropped down to the 3w too.

Of course it was a new ball too. It always is when this type of thing happens!

Anyone else seen this? I've hit shots from the reverse view many times before and never had a problem. And generally prefer it because the caddy can't go doing something wacky to you when you change view. Or so I thought....

Am I going mad or is this a "new feature" of WGT?

RSS