Forums

Help › Forums

Invisible Trees Congo #17

Sat, Nov 20 2021 9:10 PM (3 replies)
  • BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Sat, Nov 20 2021 7:17 AM

A long time ago at Merion (I believe it was #18) a friend of mine piped a drive down the middle of the fairway, where you could hear it hit a tree and watch the ball ricochet hard left and into the rough. 😂🤣

Today I had a similar experience on Congressional #17. Admittedly, I hit my punched drive way early and I was not over the fairway. I was rubbing my lucky rabbits foot hoping the wind would bring this poorly played punch shot back to the fairway when SMACK! It hit an invisible tree and dropped straight down to the ground. You can see in this photo the invisible tree that I hit.

Anyone else ever hit this tree? There were many invisible marks on the invisible tree and many divots right underneath it's invisible branches. Note: if you ever find yourself in this spot the 25-30 rough is way deeper than indicated... invisible rough perhaps?

• nopro17
    15,986 Posts
    Sat, Nov 20 2021 9:42 AM

BPeterson8256:
    Anyone else ever hit this tree?

Yes

My shot was almost 4 years ago (on Flash).  If anything, the invisible tree has grown to the point where it's almost impossible to miss.

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Sat, Nov 20 2021 10:13 AM

nopro17:

BPeterson8256:
    Anyone else ever hit this tree?

Yes

My shot was almost 4 years ago (on Flash).  If anything, the invisible tree has grown to the point where it's almost impossible to miss.

Yup! That's the tree. 😂 Gr8 video 🎥

• nopro17
    15,986 Posts
    Sat, Nov 20 2021 9:10 PM

Congressional is possessed.  I have a collection of horror videos from there.

(P.S. There may or may not be invisible trees down the right side of Olympic #6.  Just sayin'.)

RSS