Forums

Help › Forums

What if?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Dec 5 2021 12:40 PM (7 replies)
  • doctorstrike
    80 Posts
    Fri, Nov 19 2021 11:22 AM

What if the owner of your country club passes away suddenly?  Does the club just carry on aimlessly without anyone steering the ship?  How are new recruits accepted into the club 0r is that even possible.  Can a CC survive indefinitely without an owner being involved in running the club?

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2021 4:46 PM

doctorstrike:
    What if the owner of your country club passes away suddenly?

Unless the Owner had prearranged, via permission, for a successor, when he is gone then the Club continues without an Owner. Depending on what settings (permissions) the Owner used, when starting the club, ie...who can create tournaments (everyone, members, veterans, or Directors only), the people can still create tournaments. Usually, Recruits cannot, nor can they use Super Passes (set also by the Owner). New recruits can join, unless owner set that as well to be by permission of owner.

doctorstrike:
    Can a CC survive indefinitely without an owner being involved in running the club?

Good question, I was running mine, as a Director for over a year since our Owner went AWOL. Created tournaments, posted in club forum, emailed members. Our club almost doubled in size since Owner gone. I am now a Recruit (by accident) so we now have one director. Our settings do not allow Recruits to do anything but our club still continues to grow. We tell all recruits, they will always be recruits but they stay anyway....go figure!!

If you want, everyone is your club can join ours, REDRUM, all they have to do is go to club page and click to join. We have tournaments occasionally. Some play the Turf Wars and Clashes and every enjoy the putt and shot pals.  Obviously, we have no rules, only owner can boot someone...so....come on over!!!

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2021 7:27 PM

doctorstrike:
    What if the owner of your country club passes away suddenly?

You might want to ask somebody in The Bushwackers what they did when their owner passed away suddenly earlier this year.

• doctorstrike
    80 Posts
    Wed, Nov 24 2021 11:00 AM

Hamden Pro

Thanks for the response.  I was a Director in my former club but since there was no activity from the Owner, and the CC members were also very lethargic (I would set up tournaments and there would be 3 or 4 members (out of approx. 80) that would play - usually the same ones all the time). The Club was pathetic in CC clashes and Turf Wars, as again it would be the same few members playing.  So I got fed up and quit that CC and quickly joined another. 

6 months has passed since the CC Owner has played a round and there has been no communication forthcoming from him since May.  I guess that the Club will continue to limp along (rudderless) ad infinitim!

• doctorstrike
    80 Posts
    Wed, Nov 24 2021 11:02 AM

Thanks Sam.  I will try The Bushwackers to see if they can provide some good advice!

• akatiger74
    4,693 Posts
    Tue, Nov 30 2021 1:28 PM

Unless a club owner has left instructions(login details) with a family member or director at the club as to who takes over, the club is left in limbo...

Our late owner Casey had thought of this and that's how we made the transition between owners after his sudden passing.

Before anything was changed we let WGT know what had happened as to not get in any trouble using some one else's account.

This is really the only way to safeguard the future of any club.

• doctorstrike
    80 Posts
    Sat, Dec 4 2021 1:04 PM

Thanks for the reply akatiger74 - that makes sense.  In the case that I'm thinking of I don't know if the Owner is still with us or passed on, but I'm not a member of that CC so I was just curious.  The Owner hasn't played a round since May 28th of this year, and that is peculiar. But the CC membership has increased and I don't know how that is possible without an Owner being involved?

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Sun, Dec 5 2021 12:40 PM

doctorstrike:
    CC membership has increased and I don't know how that is possible without an Owner being involved?

As long as the Owner did not set it up wherein, he has to grant permission to join, anyone can join simply by clicking the tab to do so.

When our owner left, we had approx. 47 - 48 members. As of today, we have 82. We have been as high as 87 but seem to stay between 82 - 84 these days. I would guestimate a little less than a third are active. A smaller number play a few times a month and almost 1/2 are either gone or show up very rarely for a few weeks and gone again.

RSS