Forums

Help › Forums

Misbehaving player

Wed, Nov 3 2021 5:12 AM (7 replies)
  • Rick44940
    8 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2021 6:58 AM

I have never had this happen before. Today a player intentionally wasted my time. I had a give me for par and the player was putting his fifth shot. He putted hard well beyond the hole then again off the green. He then chipped it left and again out to the fairway and then pitched it further out until he got to his 11th shot. My belief is that he was attempting to bore me and get me to forfeit. I think this is bad behavior and I would like to report it. Is there an avenue to do this?

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2021 10:38 AM

You could report him but I very much doubt WGT would do anything, unless he was using offensive language in the chat too. As annoying as it is, just forget about him and move on. Concentrate on the good games you have with all the great people on here and leave the numptys out of your memories.  ; )

• tramilleo
    1,865 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2021 12:13 PM

Block and move on, wgt wont help in anyway

• WGTShamWow
    905 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2021 6:16 PM

Screen shot their score/scorecard showing +11 or whatever it is and report it to Member Services. Intentionally wasting time/taking max shots is poor sportsmanship and will probably earn them a timeout and a warning. 

Best,
    WGTShamWow

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2021 3:52 AM

WGTShamWow:
    probably earn them a timeout and a warning. 

LOL. I reported a player with screen shots  of unacceptable language 2 weeks ago and nothing was done about. Won't waste my time again. Cheers

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2021 7:39 AM

callaghan159:
    LOL. I reported a player with screen shots  of unacceptable language 2 weeks ago and nothing was done about. Won't waste my time again. Cheers

Thats a good thing..foolish reporting... ;)

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Sun, Oct 31 2021 4:34 PM

Well, since the recent update, language is being monitored in chat during matches. When foul language, and sometimes what the bots pick up as politically incorrect behaviour, the offensive language, or words, are replaced with *******   In addition, if you go a little too far in non PC chat, you will get an error message before you are able to hit the SEND button. All you can do is hit CANCEL on the error message and delete the propsed chat. If you keep trying to send, you will keep getting the error message until you hit CANCEL and delete chat.  It is rumoured that if you go to far, you will be removed from the game.

So, there you have it..it has come to this!!!!  The silver lining is, when playing solo, you can chat to WGT moderator bots knowing that you are not alone.

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Wed, Nov 3 2021 5:12 AM

HamdenPro:
    So, there you have it..it has come to this!!!!  The silver lining is, when playing solo, you can chat to WGT moderator bots knowing that you are not alone.

RSS