Forums

Help › Forums

“User Disabled”

Fri, Oct 29 2021 10:40 AM (7 replies)
  • MarcusO8811
    9 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2021 6:03 AM

Can I get some sort of response please?!? I am on an iPhone 12 Pro Max and as of yesterday morning have been unable to access my account. When I login to the app I get an error of “User Disabled.” I am and have been logging in through Facebook. Please help! I have emailed the support team as well and have no response. 

update: Yes, downloaded the game a week ago. To my knowledge I’ve never had another account. I played a golf game years ago but don’t think it was this one. 

I just got an email a couple minutes ago that said:

Our records indicate that you have created multiple WGT accounts, or that your account has been shared with another person. Accessing WGT via more than a single account is a violation of WGT Terms & Conditions policies. Read the Terms & Conditions here: http://wgt.com/terms.aspx

Due to this violation, your account has been closed. Please reply to this message with a listing of all your WGT accounts.”

I replied and gave them my username MarcusO8811 and asked them to tell me what violation I did specifically. Kinda frustrating to just ban someone after a week of playing the game. I have had a good time with it but to think I’d repeat the hours I’ve sunk, they’re dreaming. Or would I just get banned if I made a new account? This is ridiculous; maybe they’ll get the issue figured out and reinstate me, or is that wishful thinking?

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2021 12:02 PM

I see that you are a relatively new player (Oct 2021).
    Are you currently playing on your First and Only account? Or have you had older accounts in the past?
    Usually when an account has been "Disabled" there is a reason behind it.

• MarcusO8811
    9 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2021 1:11 PM

Yes, downloaded the game a week ago. To my knowledge I’ve never had another account. I played a golf game years ago but don’t think it was this one. 

Our records indicate that you have created multiple WGT accounts, or that your account has been shared with another person. Accessing WGT via more than a single account is a violation of WGT Terms & Conditions policies. Read the Terms & Conditions here: http://wgt.com/terms.aspx

Due to this violation, your account has been closed. Please reply to this message with a listing of all your WGT accounts.”

I replied and gave them my username MarcusO8811 and asked them to tell me what violation I did specifically. Kinda frustrating to just ban someone after a week of playing the game. I have had a good time with it but to think I’d repeat the hours I’ve sunk, they’re dreaming. Or would I just get banned if I made a new account? This is ridiculous; maybe they’ll get the issue figured out and reinstate me, or is that wishful thinking?

• MarcusO8811
    9 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2021 1:12 PM

Yes, downloaded the game a week ago. To my knowledge I’ve never had another account. I played a golf game years ago but don’t think it was this one. 

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2021 3:47 PM

MarcusO8811:
    I played a golf game years ago but don’t think it was this one. 

There is a good chance that it could have been this one as the old Flash game (which only ended less than a year ago) was slightly different and had a totally different look and feel. It was an internet based game that was played through your internet browser rather than downloaded.

MarcusO8811:
    or that your account has been shared with another person.

Is there a possibility that you are playing on a computer or internet connection (IP) that someone else could have created an account in the past. This would cause issues too as it would look like someone had created more than one account. 

• tramilleo
    1,865 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2021 12:56 AM

He tried to game the system 

• MarcusO8811
    9 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2021 6:22 AM

Well I got an email last night that they were enabling my account. No explanation or anything… just simple as that. Strange and a little discouraging of wanting to put any money into this thing as they could just ban you Willy-nilly like that. 

• MarcusO8811
    9 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2021 10:40 AM

Nice assumption; but as is normally the case, your assumption proved the old adage…

RSS