Forums

Help › Forums

Yancy investigatables bureau - are dinosaurs still roaming the earth?

Sat, Dec 18 2021 11:00 PM (62 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Wed, Dec 8 2021 6:29 AM

craigswan:
    We have a different sense of humour .

I went back and deleted some of my earlier post.

Do not let me stop you from being you. No need to avoid threads or hold your tongue, life goes on.

Merry xmas.

OK< .....back to the purpose of this thread...

I happened to notice two empty golf carts parked on the path beyond the top left corner of the green on Pinehurst #11. Anyone see golf carts on the courses before.  Were they always there? I do not recall

EDIT: UPDATE - I went back and, on the approach shot to the green, the carts are clearly visible. Once I was on the green, the courts were gone. All I can figure is that the foursome in front of me drove off before I got there. Sometimes, it would be much easier if we could use carts. Plus, there would no longer the need to have a 90 second timer option. It drives me nuts waiting to hit while someone else takes their time walking up to ball. To be honest, some members are very old and it takes them a long time to get there.

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Wed, Dec 15 2021 2:37 PM

While I was sorting pics, thanks to having to reinstall Windows 10, because 11 is horrible (no drag and drop and does not work with a 2 in 1 Laptop), I came across one that I captured while we were checking out a sign that SamSpayed had seen off the fairway of Chambers 16 (pages 2 and 3 of this thread) Anyway, I had posted a pic from the cart path, taken from google. It was not until today that I notice an odd image of something in the cart parth:

On Closer examination, I found this:

And then, I blew it up a gazillion times, and found this:

• MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2021 10:29 AM

HamdenPro - theys be aliens!  Little green men.  In blue suits.

Also, Chad is Chad Nelson, the CEO of WGT back in the day, don't know if management has changed since then.  Back in 2012 I did a few WGT Weekly News videos, and in one of them you actually get to see Chad Nelson.  I've dug it out from my YouTube channel...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzWrykE8WXM

You can see Chad towards the end of the video.

Watching that video again reminded me of some great times in the forum.  Sadly, 3 of those people mentioned are no longer on WGT - LizzieRossetti (presumed died of leukemia in 2014), Andyson (died 2016), StrangeMagic (had to give up in 2012(?) due to a degenerative eye condition causing blindness).  Dr Jedi, aka Priestess, is still here, but I don't think the good doctor is in practice any more.  If you search Dr Jedi in the forum you will be able to see some of her, dare I say, hilarious remedies.

Not visited this thread since the initial replies I got, but reading it now has aroused my curiousity in trying to find the signs on holes 8 and 9 on Chambers again.  If someone wishes to join me (hunt in pairs - two sets of wayward shots may be better than one ;)  ), put a message on my wall and send me a friend request - it will be time far better spent than actually playing this game which has deteriorated to nothingness!

• drmoose
    3,531 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2021 12:52 PM

Mio,

After experienceabling what I now refers to as a massive case of " Chambers Bay Burnout ", I feel sufficient time away may have passed. Not knowing whether our time zones are compatables, but, I do believe there be much unfinished business on CB, and would be happy to shares what I knows & what I don't knows & whatnots. A good starting point might be the " Grid Search " feature created by internet overlord Scott Hope. Happy hunting.

Doc :)

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2021 12:59 PM

MioKontic:
    Watching that video again reminded me of some great times in the forum
    MioKontic:
    it now has aroused my curiousity in trying to find the signs on holes 8 and 9 on Chambers again
    MioKontic:
    it will be time far better spent than actually playing this game which has deteriorated to nothingness!

WGT, as I know you know, can be much more than just a golf game. Something I recently discovered myself. 

See my Thread "The Greatest Game Ever Played?"

I learned about Chad during my trolling profiles and forum archives. I saw a video of him online doing the "Ice Bucket Challenge", lol, and a few "flyovers" over several course to include in WGT.  Now, OPY's comments, earlier in this thread, that Chad had told Yancy about the signs, now makes more sense...and I thought Chad was "the man with the cigarette" (FYI - x-files).

It makes me feel good knowing that I have peaked, and in some renewed, members interest to going back to look for the Chambers signs on 7 and 8. After I found the signs on 1-6 (well not actually "find" as I knew exactly where to look, due to Yancy & gang's previous discoveries, postings and Scott's amazing page), I started looking for the ones on 7 and 8. I will add that, although I knew where to look for the signs (1-6), it was still an enjoyable experience.

As for the signs on 7 and 8, at first, I just hit the ball around areas that no one would intentionally go, but soon realized that was useless. I spent a long time, solo, looking to no avail.  I now believe that you first have to see what the commonalities are in the placement of the signs on 1-6. Whoever placed the signs had a reason for selecting their locations. Then I think it is a matter of determining a reasonable search area and pretty much grid it out.

I would like to make this a joint effort but am reluctant because, as I am familiar with some of your post, I may take longer than 5 seconds to hit the ball and do not want you yelling at me.

EDIT:  It took me so long to edit and spellcheck this reply that drmoose slipped in before me, but I assure you, I probably started typing before him.

• MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2021 1:37 PM

DrMoose & HamdenPro - friend requests sent.  Look forward to some happy sign hunting.  And even if we don't find any I'm sure we'll have a good laugh  :)

DrMoose - it's been probably 3 years since I hacked around Chambers looking for those signs (and took a while to find even with the documentation available in the forums at the time.  However, i have rarely frequented the forums since 2012 because of... shall we say "extreme moderation" (to the point where I could post, but no one except me could see any of my posts) for many years until recently, so I don't know what grid you are on about.  However, I'm sure all will be revealed when we get out on the course.

HamdenPro - the time thing is particularly related to coin games where I'm on the 30-minute clock for apparel boxes; it gets really annoying when I get 6 games in and it could easily have been 10.  I would play a real hole of golf in less time than it takes some people to do a few clicks!  And here in the UK we walk, we don't use buggies! That said, the task in question here is finding some hidden signs, so there will be lots of chatter and time won't be an issue; in fact I would set the game clock to the maximum available.

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2021 2:00 PM

MioKontic:
    the time thing is particularly related to coin games where I'm on the 30-minute clock for apparel boxes

I realized that. I was joking. Actually, I do not take much time to hit myself, which I am sure is obvious by my scores!!

FYI: I searched Forum "Chambers Signs" and came upon a thread about #8 and #9, interesting Yancy includes a link to a thread where he says you "read up on the mysteriums".  The link is dead....hmmmm  Obviously, the forces may be working against us already..

• BIGAL123
    200 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2021 3:50 PM

Post from Scott Hope  on 6-8-2019  Still missing Holes 8 and 9 

OPY might still be out there looking, however.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1ShnIXqaOuIg6pbC8GAi3rjREtPv-PKWe&ll=47.20450429325585%2C-122.57255472355342&z=15

• opyeuclid
    6,704 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2021 4:47 PM

Packing my hello kitty tent now , If I could ask if you do go insearch of would it be the right thing to reboot the Yancy thread and post the new Team,s findings on a unfinished thread that needs a finish , 

OPY

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2021 6:25 PM

All we need now is for Scott to affix the tracking collars on our avatars and he can monitor our progress and chart the coordinates as we proceed.

Kind of like Charlie's Angels (sans the Hello Kitty tent) and he can be Bosley.

RSS