Forums

Help › Forums

Yancy investigatables bureau - are dinosaurs still roaming the earth?

Sat, Dec 18 2021 11:00 PM (62 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Fri, Nov 5 2021 10:54 AM

HamdenPro:
    I have Bigfoot, some birdhourses from Kiawah and spectators on the green at Pebble, are there more things out there...aliens maybe?

You're welcome.

There are easter eggs at Pinehurst (all holes) and signs at Chambers Bay (holes 1-7).

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Fri, Nov 5 2021 11:13 AM

ScottHope:
    There are easter eggs at Pinehurst (all holes) and signs at Chambers Bay (holes 1-7).

Thank you.  I was just advised the other day about the Easter eggs and course signs but no 411 on where they are located. I guess I will be spending sometime this weekend in the woods of Pinehurst.

I did check out some of Yancy's earlier post, and watched some funny videos he did. Apparantly, there may be a mother ship and some flying saucers on Oakmont. I also saw a pic of a hedge cut like a person bending over...lol...My guess is it is Sam looking for his ball (see post about creating virtual trophies...).

Once again, tyvm, the idea of finding things along the course has made this game a little more enjoyable. It is fun to discover hidden things. I am now looking for a tree that had a vulgar word carved in it to see if it now says *******

• opyeuclid
    6,704 Posts
    Fri, Nov 5 2021 4:49 PM

ScottHope:
    There are easter eggs at Pinehurst (all holes)
      I think there is also  a Shed in the woods far behind one of the greens . off to one side . 

ScottHope:
    and signs at Chambers Bay (holes 1-7).
       Word was that Chad said or hinted to Yancy that 9 signs were there , So there are still 2 to be found .

There is also  box or small crate in the woods on Beth left side of one  of the fairways  , you can see it but cant get close enough for a good look.

And on one of the newer courses the is a club in the woods leanin on a tree .

OPY

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Fri, Nov 5 2021 6:39 PM

ScottHope:
    signs at Chambers Bay (holes 1-7).

I was told about the Chamber Bay signs earlier by a friend who sent me a link to an old thread. I immediately perked up when I saw it involved Yancy and the first thing I saw was this wonderful grid. It was a thread of Yancy "and the gang" (my words, probably not Yancy's), searching for the signs on Chambers and posting screenshots. Wouldn't you know, ScottHope was among that crew...omg...as I told my friend, that was like a "can I have your autograph" moment...That must have been so much fun searching for stuff like that, being the first one to find things...like explorers of old (although, it was a long time ago, who knows, maybe you guys really were the explorers of old I used to read about)..

I do wonder though, how did you guys know to look for things, like signs on Chambers, at a time when, I would assume, no one but WGT peeps would know about?

Do you think there are things still to be discovered that you guys never found or knew about? Where the last two signs on Chambers ever found...do they even exist, how do you know they exist if they have not been found? Really, these things are going to keep me up at night!!!!

All I know is that I find hiding things in games is pretty cool and looking for them is totally fun and I do so appreciate your contributions to my quest.

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Fri, Nov 5 2021 6:56 PM

opyeuclid:
    Word was that Chad said or hinted to Yancy that 9 signs were there , So there are still 2 to be found .

As I am under constant (24 hour) moderation, surveillance, for good cause, I am sure..something to do with lack of ability to self edit or lack of control, I forget...I posted a reply, which by this time, in two days, will appear to ScottHopes reply. In said reply I inquired as to whether there were more than 7 signs (which 7 signs by itself would be creepy - if ya know what I mean, having seen the movie and stuff), I was unaware of your reply. It certainly answers one of my questions. 

Considering that there is now the mysterious "Chad" (a code name I presume, something to do with voting if I recall), giving Yancy inside info...hmmm... like the Man with the Cigarette on X-Files (which we all know was based on true events, otherwise it would not be on TV, right?)...the plot thickens..(there is a plot, yes?)

opyeuclid:
    And on one of the newer courses the is a club in the woods leanin on a tree

A club in the woods leaning on a tree (this is so cool)...and, given that this is on a newer course (which "newer" is a relative term) I will assume it is post Yancy and the gang hunting excursions, and, assuming that the Man with the Cigarette is no longer passing information on to Yancy, the obvious question is "Who is providing OPY this information and how long has he known"...hmmmmmm...Makes you wonder, what happended to the avatar that owned the club that is liening on the tree and what is in the box on Beth Page?

It is totally going to be a long night for me....

(THIS WAS POSTED AT 9:55 PM EST - 2021, NOV 5. and despite what it says above, it did not appear until 2021, NOV 6 @ approx. 1:05 pm)

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2021 4:57 AM

opyeuclid:

I can't begin to imagine how much time we've all spent looking for those 2 elusive signs.

As for the other stuff, if you can see it from more than one vantage point, then I don't think it'll be a WGT 'extra'.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2021 1:52 PM

opyeuclid:

I wonder if this is a new one?  About 50 yds from the tee box on CB #16.  Zoom in to the red circle to see it.

I tried to pitch the ball to get closer to the sign, but it went OOB every time.

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2021 2:01 PM

Good spot Sam. Is it still visible if you view it from a different angle? If you can, then it probably won't be one of WGT's added in signs.

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2021 2:09 PM

ScottHope:
    If you can, then it probably won't be one of WGT's added in signs.

LOL... I sent Sam a message, earlier today, telling him the exact same thing with qoutes around it, quotiing Scott!! **

(** Assuming this reply is posted on 11/6/2021, before 11:59pm, today would still be today)

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2021 2:14 PM

It's hard to say, Scott.  You can see it from the tee box, and from the view I screen-shotted with me standing next to it.  But they are the same angle / same view.  I couldn't get any closer to it than that before I maxed my shots.  Maybe somebody else will be more successful than I was.

RSS