Forums

Help › Forums

Seperate Rooms?

Wed, Dec 1 2021 11:26 AM (5 replies)
  • Greynurse0
    37 Posts
    Sun, Oct 24 2021 9:01 AM

Being a poor money manager, I currently don't have gold credits. That's Ok, I can buy some to upgrade things if I really feel inclined. But it also means that I don't enter showdowns now. That's OK as well. But what vexes me is that if I want to play the Paris room to earn apparel without risking coins, I'm lumped in with up to 6000 other players, most of which are competing in the current showdown. And being competitive, they have the name balls and very good clubs (I'd love a set of Apex irons, Oh the backspin!). This makes it tough to win those 9 rounds required for the week to obtain a Gold Pack, and I'm a Master!

Has it occurred to WGT to place the Showdown in it's own room so that the newer players aren't suddenly monstered by 320+ yard drives and balls that stop on a dime next to the pin? Keep the Paris room for "friendlies" and another, similar room for Showdowns, is all.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Tue, Nov 30 2021 7:48 PM

Greynurse0:
    Has it occurred to WGT to place the Showdown in it's own room so that the newer players aren't suddenly monstered by 320+ yard drives and balls that stop on a dime next to the pin? Keep the Paris room for "friendlies" and another, similar room for Showdowns, is all.

Having separate rooms for the Showdown participants is a great idea.  It would probably cut down on the number of forfeits as well, which seem to be the main trigger behind the "bogey glitch".

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Tue, Nov 30 2021 8:40 PM

Greynurse0:
    Has it occurred to WGT to place the Showdown in it's own room

Some of us tried close to 2 years ago... has not changed, dont hold your breath.  Almost dont want to bring it back up because I could get a little worked up back then, but WGT clearly heard from players on how to refine or potentially improve the event.  2 years later, you be the judge whether they listened or not.

https://www.wgt.com/forums/t/614850.aspx?pageindex=1

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2021 7:44 AM

Greynurse0:

Being a poor money manager, I currently don't have gold credits. That's Ok, I can buy some to upgrade things if I really feel inclined. But it also means that I don't enter showdowns now. That's OK as well. But what vexes me is that if I want to play the Paris room to earn apparel without risking coins, I'm lumped in with up to 6000 other players, most of which are competing in the current showdown. And being competitive, they have the name balls and very good clubs (I'd love a set of Apex irons, Oh the backspin!). This makes it tough to win those 9 rounds required for the week to obtain a Gold Pack, and I'm a Master!

Greynurse , have you considered using Chelsea as your room for apparel ? You will get more games in during the half hour as they are one hole matches , and as such not used for the showdown , so a double bonus for you. 

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2021 8:25 AM

bossbird:

Greynurse , have you considered using Chelsea as your room for apparel ? You will get more games in during the half hour as they are one hole matches , and as such not used for the showdown , so a double bonus for you. 

This. if doing an apparel run. 

3 hole rooms is 2 maybe 3 games in 30 minutes.

one hole rooms like Chelsea, Rio, and Tokyo can get in 5-7 rounds in, sometimes even 8. makes more sense.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2021 11:26 AM

Mythanatos:

bossbird:

This. if doing an apparel run. 

3 hole rooms is 2 maybe 3 games in 30 minutes.

one hole rooms like Chelsea, Rio, and Tokyo can get in 5-7 rounds in, sometimes even 8. makes more sense.

He did say in his op it was for doing apparel

RSS