Forums

Help › Forums

Opposing Player Locking the Game Up

rated by 0 users
Fri, Feb 11 2022 12:00 PM (6 replies)
  • chutcher76
    1 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2021 4:02 PM

I had a coin game today and was leading by only 1 stroke after 3 holes. The other player started chatting that he controlled the game and that I was not going to win. He then told me he was going to lock the game down for 3 hours or more as punishment to WGT for making the algorithm wrong. I thought he was just mouthing off, but next thing I know, the game was locked up and he left the chat.  I waited a while, but eventually forfeited just to get out of the game. That's probably what he wanted so he could get the coins.  How does WGT not detect this type of cheating and terminate this guy's IP? 

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2021 4:48 PM

You need to take screen shots and report the person. They don't know unless you tell them who it is. 

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2021 5:10 PM

chutcher76:
    I waited a while, but eventually forfeited just to get out of the game.

Rather than just waiting around to see what happens (usually nothing) as soon as it locks up the only thing you can try is to close the App and restart the game. Hopefully it attempts to reconnect and resume the match, but worst case scenario is it doesn't reconnect to the match and you forfeit anyway.

• WheresMyMoney
    442 Posts
    Thu, Feb 10 2022 8:44 PM

Currently playing a tour champion, wetxxxxxx from the 5 star triple A club, that is locking up the game.  I, a Legend, hit the first shot within 7 yards of the hole.  He, the tour champion, tried his best but didn't come close.  He accused me of cheating and now the game has been spinning or locked for 10 minutes.  Sore Loser!  lol. 

What can be done to prevent this from happening? 

I am willing to teach wetxxxxx on how to shoot approach shots for a nominal fee.  lol.  No hard feelings.

• WheresMyMoney
    442 Posts
    Thu, Feb 10 2022 8:50 PM

been over 30 minutes now.  still a sore loser.  lol

• tramilleo
    1,868 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2022 6:14 AM

if you close the app and restart it, you will be brought back to the game. it is a wgt glitch no player can control the game like that.

• WheresMyMoney
    442 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2022 12:00 PM

Oh I think there is a way to do it.

RSS