Help › Forums

New update crashed my game

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 31 2021 1:00 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Ferrit101
    9 Posts
    Sat, Oct 16 2021 4:26 PM

Failed to load PlayerSettings (internal index #0).
    Most likely data file is corrupted, or built with mismatching
    editor and platform support versions.

• ocaisin
    24 Posts
    Mon, Oct 25 2021 12:51 PM

Hi I Have same problem today 10 /25/21 Help 

• tjt71205
    17 Posts
    Tue, Oct 26 2021 8:30 AM

Me too

anybody know how to fix this

thanks

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2021 8:53 PM

Same here.

Ran the Launcher and a big update downloaded.

Game will not even start now.

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2021 1:10 AM

Can you run the golf.exe file Doc?

C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Topgolf \ WGTLauncher \ golf \ golf.exe

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2021 11:24 AM

ScottHope:

Can you run the golf.exe file Doc?

C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Topgolf \ WGTLauncher \ golf \ golf.exe

I did get it to come up that way.  Resolution was all wrong and it took me a couple of tries to even read the settings since the window was so small (used magnifier).

Once It got the resolution set, I used your Unity Game Resize AHK to get it back to "full-size" on my external monitor.

I will probably be brave now and see if I can close this window and start it from the "Play Now" buttons!!

Thanks, Scott!

Edit:

My "bravery" was not rewarded!  I had to repeat the process described above but I should be able to play the final round (last day) of our "Bushwacker World Tour" tournament that I was leading by 1 stroke after three rounds!!  Phew!!

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2021 11:37 AM

DoctorLarry:
    I will probably be brave now and see if I can close this window and start it from the "Play Now" buttons!!

I’m really not sure why people WANT to add an extra level of 💩 to starting the game. Its just another thing that can go wrong.  All the “start now” button does is find the launcher.exe file on your pc and start it. Just put a shortcut icon to the file on your desktop and double click on it. 

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2021 1:07 PM

DoctorLarry:
    My "bravery" was not rewarded!  I had to repeat the process described above...

Oh well, at least you got it running. Cheers Doc.  ; )

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2021 11:13 PM

MarchieB:

DoctorLarry:

I’m really not sure why people WANT to add an extra level of 💩 to starting the game. Its just another thing that can go wrong.  All the “start now” button does is find the launcher.exe file on your pc and start it. Just put a shortcut icon to the file on your desktop and double click on it. 

You know, I guess the game may launch differently for different players.  I have used the launcher all year and it has worked everytime until yesterday.  When I would run the Launcher, it would check for an update and then start the game.  When I used the "Play Now" button anywhere in the browser version, it would NOT open the Launcher but open a 2nd browser window and then start the game (never going to the tournament I wanted to play).  Thus I had to close the 2nd browser window, that way.

I guess it is different for many.

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2021 11:18 PM

ScottHope:

DoctorLarry:
    My "bravery" was not rewarded!  I had to repeat the process described above...

Oh well, at least you got it running. Cheers Doc.  ; )

It is running thanks to you, Scott.

I still have to go through this procedure each time to get it to work properly.  I did find out that if I touch anywhere on the top bar of the window, it reverts back to the small size and I have to run the Resize AHK again!

WGT remains ugly weird.

• PAGES
RSS