Help › Forums

Garbage

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 17 2021 8:58 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Kazacotyle
    1 Posts
    Thu, Oct 7 2021 9:20 AM

I've been booted out of matches numerous times now right at the end. It's starting to get frustrating since its league play, since I spend money and lose hits on my balls that dont matter and have periods I cant even connect to my account. Oh and when I go to complain the https://www.wgt.com/help-request.aspx is broken. 

• gillian5048
    154 Posts
    Sat, Oct 9 2021 2:19 PM

frustrated by games abruptly ending also : (

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Oct 11 2021 7:31 AM

Kazacotyle:

I've been booted out of matches numerous times now right at the end. It's starting to get frustrating since its league play, since I spend money and lose hits on my balls that dont matter and have periods I cant even connect to my account. Oh and when I go to complain the https://www.wgt.com/help-request.aspx is broken. 

Common cause of this is to get a request to play a game from a friend and not decline it. Maybe didn't see it or just were playing a shot and didn't hit decline.

If don't decline after about 30 seconds the game boots you out of your current game. It's a bug that's been around a while.

Solutions:

Pay better attention to screen.

Decline the invites.

or and this is what I do. Play as hidden. I don't get random invites to play.

• MalleeHacka
    3,570 Posts
    Mon, Oct 11 2021 5:08 PM

Mythantos,

The last bit of your post makes sense - 'Play as hidden', but maybe you can tell me how to do that! My setting on the app is 'OFF LINE' and has been for quite a long time. On the WGT website, my Profile page shows 'Available'!!!!!

How can I play hidden under these conditions? Do you or anyone else have an answer?

Bob.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Oct 11 2021 11:56 PM

if your visibility is off line then the above scenario shouldn't apply to you. if still having a problem with random forfeits then it's likely your connection causing problems.

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Tue, Oct 12 2021 7:28 PM

You can always try covering yourself with a sheet when you play.

I hope this helps.

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Wed, Oct 13 2021 9:26 AM

I actually think he is referring to when he views his own profile -- you can have your visibility set to off line  or not available - but if you go to your own profile page and log in to see your messages or post in the forum  - you may still see yourself as being green or available.  that does not mean you are available or that others will see you that way - but if you are logged into you will likely see yourself as green or available.

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Wed, Oct 13 2021 4:27 PM

OK, on a serious note, I often play while "in hiding", meaning that it game settings I use the "offline" setting. At the same time, I usually have the webpage open which shows my status as green (available).  There have been times when I am playing like this that I get an invite from a friend, even though I am in hiding. I asked him how he knew I was online, he didn't, he just typed my name in the search window when inviting.

Other times, I get random invites from people I do not know (which I do not accept). I have no idea how they even know I exist when we have never played, not in same club and I am in hiding.  I can only presume, somehow they come upon my online page, see I am available and type my name in the search window when inviting.

Another thing I have noticed, sometimes when I look at my friends list, on the game pages (not the website) there is a grey box (Play Button) as opposed to green. Does grey mean you are online but busy? Is my box grey when I am in hiding?  I imagine if my box is grey, when in hiding, friends would still know I am online. However, if this was the case, I would probably get a lot more invites from friends when in hiding. As of now, the only friend that invites me to games, while I am in hiding, is the one who manually types my name.

So, I have to assume, other than be lucky and randomly tying the name of someone who is hiding, the only way to know if they are online is to check the webpage profile.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2021 2:01 PM

HamdenPro:
    Other times, I get random invites from people I do not know (which I do not accept). I have no idea how they even know I exist when we have never played, not in same club and I am in hiding.

Perhaps the person inviting you to play is doing so because someone who is friends with you suggested that they invite you to their game.  I got a game invite the other day from somebody named "DHallsomething".  I don't really know that person, so I just assumed someone he was playing with told him to invite me.

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Sat, Oct 16 2021 6:40 PM

Perhaps you are right but I do not think that was the case.  As I am sure you know, I keep a relatively small friends list to make sure that I can play with all my friends as opposed to having a gazzillion friends where it is impossible to play with all. I think most, if not all, my friends know I do not accept random invites.

As for "Dhallsomething" it is possible that he set up the game and I told him to invite you but I do not remember that. I do recall I set up a game with "Dhallsomething" and invited you but you declined because you were in a game.

Based upon the foregoing, I will assume that you do not know how I am getting these random invites but am open to additional theories if you have them. : )

• PAGES
RSS