rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 9 2021 5:36 AM (6 replies)
  • HAMILTONH2O
    2,108 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2021 4:34 AM

Hi 

My name is Mike

i started my on Country Club on 1/10/21

The whole ownership role is a new thing for me so i'm looking for some help & guidelines from fellow players/owners

How do i see if someone has requested membership to my club? 

I ask this because i have things set to must be vetted before a person gets entry.

How do i do a recruitment drive for interested WGT players?

What do i need to know or do if someone expresses and interest to join my country club?

Here are some things potential new members should know:-

• No Drama or Fuss, real life trumps WGT every time
    • I want this Club to be a happy place with no pressure to compete in Turf Wars or Clashes, however if you like that sort of thing then by all means participate. When you do, you help the club grow and it will be much appreciated.

• The only thing i would ask is members play as often or as little as you like but please remember and use your CC passes on the first game of the WGT day. this also benefits the club and helps its advancement

• I would be looking for male & female players from all tiers above amateur because as we grow hopefully you will too. 

• kasia1967
    1,318 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2021 2:09 AM

maybe you would consider joining me at kasias korner read my blog  would love having you 

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2021 11:42 AM

HAMILTONH2O:

The whole ownership role is a new thing for me so i'm looking for some help & guidelines from fellow players/owners

How do i see if someone has requested membership to my club? 

Hi Mike,

If someone has requested membership, you will see a purple dot on your main screen next to COUNTRY CLUBS:

Once you click COUNTRY CLUBS, you will see a red dot next to CLUB REQUESTS:

Click CLUB REQUESTS to see the request and accept or decline it.

HAMILTONH2O:
    How do i do a recruitment drive for interested WGT players?

The best way to recruit is to make a recruiting post here in Country Club Corner.  Use your post to tell players about your club and what your goals, philosophies, and expectations are.  The bullet items you put in your post above would be a great start.

Some club owners approach other players who are members of other clubs, trying to "poach" players from those clubs.  Or they get other players in their club to do it.  (I won't mention any names, but they know who they are.)  Although there's nothing prohibiting them from doing that, that's generally frowned upon here in WGT, unless the player being recruited is a member of an inactive club.

Good luck with your club!

• HAMILTONH2O
    2,108 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2021 12:19 PM

Thanks Sam very helpful 

is that the same process since we lost fa=lash player?

and kasia1967 thanks for the offer however,  i'm gonna give this a go for bit yet.

I have only had the CC up and running 4 days and we are already half way to level 4 

Mike

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2021 4:32 PM

HAMILTONH2O:

Thanks Sam very helpful 

is that the same process since we lost fa=lash player?

I think so.  I started my club right before the demise of Flash, so I've only ever seen this method.  

Looks like your club's off to a great start.  5 members already... again, good luck!

• HAMILTONH2O
    2,108 Posts
    Thu, Oct 7 2021 7:55 AM

Looking for a new club then look no further come join us at Houdini's

TO JOIN: Go to the "WGT Community" at the top of your profile page....click 

on "Country Club". Locate “Houdini and the golden ferret misfits Country Club"....

click on "REQUEST MEMBERSHIP…or…leave a message on my profile page 

https://www.wgt.com/players/hamiltonh2/default.aspx

Owner: hamiltonh2o (Mike)

******   Must be at least at Pro tier  ******

• HAMILTONH2O
    2,108 Posts
    Sat, Oct 9 2021 5:36 AM

What is the deal with Course Builder passes?

Are they restricted to certain level of member off CC?

by default when CC set up is it only certain folks that can use?

Can the owner set permissions temporary for a recruit to create a custom course?

What is the setting that allows a member to be able to create a custom course?

I ask this cause i had a new member join and that was the first thing they wanted to but as yet i hadn't even thought how that all worked.

they got frustrated i guess because they left again

Mike

RSS