Forums

Help › Forums

LIFELONG MEMBER DOES NOT LIKE CHEATS

rated by 0 users
Tue, Dec 7 2021 12:59 AM (8 replies)
  • KenTheMac
    1 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2021 6:43 AM

In the latest WGT Series, the leading score is 50. That is less than average 3 per hole, and that is over a windy St Andrews Even the best pro could not hit that low. I can only believe that some players have cheats which the WGT company has not been able to eradicate.

Recently, in a Head to Head, I experienced an inexperienced player sinking every long-range putt;  I cannot believe that this was solely due his abilities.

Golf is an honest game.  I would expect the computer equivalent to be the same.

So WGT, please try to eliminate the results of human greed in this sport.

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2021 10:04 AM

@Ken;

Good first post. This issue has been discussed in many threads...bottom line is that WGT doesn't seem to care about much as long as they are making a profit off of equipment sales. etc.

The general consensus seems to be that cheaters will cheat...liars will lie...abusers will abuse...and so on. Don't expect much relief from wgt.

ct

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2021 11:06 AM

KenTheMac:
    In the latest WGT Series, the leading score is 50.

The score has dropped to 49 and you may see more of them.  Cheating is not required or necessary to go low..

Upgrading equipment can be required however - it is how WGT has managed to stay around so long - because many people have spent money on clubs and balls in order to play more competitively.  

If everyone did basically the same as yourself and played starter equipment and starter balls - the game would likely have shut down long ago because they could not cover the expense of running or maintaining the game.  So you really should thank some of those players you accuse of cheating because they likely are why you can still play relatively free from the forward tees.  

Posting a competitive score with essentially starter clubs - will make others look like cheats but in reality you are not playing anything close to the same type of game.  

I am not suggesting there may not still be cheats out there - but I am pretty certain WGT has taken action against some of them.

I could be mistaken, but just my impression / observation.  

---

have since learned it is also forward tees - more players are going to post sub 50 rounds.

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2021 11:18 AM

el3n1:

KenTheMac:
    In the latest WGT Series, the leading score is 50.

The score has dropped to 49 and you may see more of them.  Cheating is not required or necessary to go low..

Upgrading equipment can be required however - it is how WGT has managed to stay around so long - because many people have spent money on clubs and balls in order to play more competitively.  

If everyone did basically the same as yourself and played starter equipment and starter balls - the game would likely have shut down long ago because they could not cover the expense of running or maintaining the game.  So you really should thank some of those players you accuse of cheating because they likely are why you can still play relatively free from the forward tees.  

Posting a competitive score with essentially starter clubs - will make others look like cheats but in reality you are not playing anything close to the same type of game.  

I am not suggesting there may not still be cheats out there - but I am pretty certain WGT has taken action against some of them.

I could be mistaken, but just my impression / observation.  

Much better answer than mine...I stand (somewhat) corrected...:)

• boozinn
    16 Posts
    Sun, Oct 17 2021 1:42 AM

KenTheMac:

In the latest WGT Series, the leading score is 50. That is less than average 3 per hole, and that is over a windy St Andrews Even the best pro could not hit that low. I can only believe that some players have cheats which the WGT company has not been able to eradicate.

Recently, in a Head to Head, I experienced an inexperienced player sinking every long-range putt;  I cannot believe that this was solely due his abilities.

Golf is an honest game.  I would expect the computer equivalent to be the same.

So WGT, please try to eliminate the results of human greed in this sport.

You  won't  stop players  cheating  in this  game  and  you  won't  stop  most  players  knowing  they  cheat.

• Divot135
    4 Posts
    Mon, Nov 8 2021 1:01 PM

I think your on to something Ken.   I have more trouble with WGT shaping my shots

in the game than I do with cheats. I have not yet bought anything from this site, I want

to but not if I'm just pushing buttons and accepting the results.  I can hold my own against

big drivers and expensive clubs. Sure I screw up and I know when I do and a lot of the courses  are set up to sometimes not making the fairway off the tee.

Here some more examples:

quick surge in the last second of the power bar

moon shot of the grid sometimes, where do I place my shot?

25% of the yardage to the hole not even close

Sometimes the wind works likes its should sometimes not

I Could go on.  This is a very nice game don't pick winners and losers based on

how much they spent at this site.Maybe its just me, Maybe if I bought clubs this would stop.

your thoughts?

• sammey1
    679 Posts
    Tue, Nov 9 2021 1:44 PM

There might be cheats but they aren't the guys qualifying in the Live Series. Follow these streams and watch how they do it. There is a ton to be learned just watching and chatting as they play.

https://www.twitch.tv/wgtjsmithers

https://www.twitch.tv/young46

• mdpurcell
    7 Posts
    Thu, Nov 25 2021 6:18 AM

Wow, in a recent head to head...I made a 36 ft putt for Eagle and a 27 ft putt for Bird.  Purely because I have played a lot and watched a ton of YT videos.  I dont know how to cheat on WGT.....how would that happen?

• asul11
    8 Posts
    Tue, Dec 7 2021 12:59 AM

wgt could not give a rats ass who cheats they are biggest cheats off all play a showdown they are a joke hit a ball 214 on full backspin goes 226 with a 5-6 cross wind short putts long putts they make sure you shoot big numbers and the leaders have usually won them many times what amazes me is they keep saying they do not interfere in play i need to find more time to play real golf again instead of this rubbish 

RSS