Forums

Help › Forums

CAREER EARNINGS ISSUE??

Tue, Sep 20 2022 5:48 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2021 6:54 AM

It could be I am getting absent minded in my increasing years ... Correct me if I'm wrong  but don't WGT brackets (For credits) and ready-go's prize earnings count "towards" a players career earnings total?

If so then mine is Busted !! ...I've been at.....CAREER EARNINGS $1,390.01  for well over a year now and I've won or finished 2nd in a bunch of 200 credit brackets? Not to mention placing in the money in a bunch of Ready Go's as well...1st place in a 200 credit Bracket pays over 1,400 credits alone?

A feel a fool if the brackets and ready go's NEVER counted towards my total lol

JD

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2021 9:05 AM

That is so weird, indeed.

If I were you, I'd take screenshots of ready-go's and bracket tourneys results I took part as well as my career earnings before & after, and send them to CS.

Usually, they promptly respond to you for this kind of matter. Hope they sort this out quick for you, JD.

• JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2021 9:16 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

That is so weird, indeed.

If I were you, I'd take screenshots of ready-go's and bracket tourneys results I took part as well as my career earnings before & after, and send them to CS.

Usually, they promptly respond to you for this kind of matter. Hope they sort this out quick for you, JD.

Will Do Simon....Cheers

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2021 11:54 PM

JDGHOST:
    If so then mine is Busted !! ...I've been at.....CAREER EARNINGS $1,390.01  for well over a year now and I've won or finished 2nd in a bunch of 200 credit brackets?
    So they betterworsened another item? Or do you get scammed on the big scam of the game?

JDGHOST:
    A feel a fool if the brackets and ready go's NEVER counted towards my total lol
    No offence intended, but in the light of their T&Cs, stating "Credits have no monetary value", I'd feel a fool if I cared for this ongoing lie of "earning $$"!

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2021 8:57 AM

alosso:
    No offence intended, but in the light of their T&Cs, stating "Credits have no monetary value", I'd feel a fool if I cared for this ongoing lie of "earning $"!

I think what JD is saying is that his career earnings total is not being accurately updated when he wins credits.  WGT can't fix a problem if they don't know about it.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2021 10:04 AM

SamSpayed:
    career earnings total is not being accurately updated
    So, the scam turned into a flawed scam? Is this important in any way?

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2021 10:12 AM

alosso:
    So, the scam turned into a flawed scam? Is this important in any way?

Nobody said it was a scam.  It's just a bug that needs to be fixed.  It might not be important to you, but I can see JD's point.  It would be nice to have his career earnings total accurately displayed.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sat, Sep 25 2021 3:13 AM

To me, the display in $ is a misleading display of a licensed virtual product (credits) which officially have no monetary value.

It's a scam IMHO because it's shown on the front page!

(Someone is displayed to have earned 900+ $ this month while he certainly hasn't!)

• JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Sat, Sep 25 2021 9:12 PM

alosso:

To me, the display in $ is a misleading display of a licensed virtual product (credits) which officially have no monetary value.

(Someone is displayed to have earned 900+ $ this month while he certainly hasn't!)

Al  your point of the career earnings being "BS" is somewhat accurate and honestly when it's all said and done it doesn't add up to even a hill of beans ...

But one thing the Career earnings are good for is it reflects how a player does in competitive tourneys where "Credits" are on the line?..

So you know if your in say a 200 credits bracket you know a player like lets say Sebicu is tuff because he has very high career earnings which translates into many wins in credit tourneys.

JD

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Sep 26 2021 2:37 AM

JDGHOST:

alosso:

Al  your point of the career earnings being "BS" is somewhat accurate and honestly when it's all said and done it doesn't add up to even a hill of beans ...

But one thing the Career earnings are good for is it reflects how a player does in competitive tourneys where "Credits" are on the line?..

I'm not sure I'd have said it's a "scam", certainly misleading, but perhaps it should be described in such a way.  I imagine it's there to mislead other players that winning money is possible as so many players have decent "earnings". A tiny percentage of players (my randomly selected percentage is 0.00002%) can make money, even then they'd have to give half the money to someone like twitch and risk breaking the rules (perhaps depending on who they are).

I agree with alosso that if this is shown it should be displayed as credits as that's what we "win" but I also think entry fees should be deducted.

Does it necessarily reflects how well people do in credit tournaments?  I have $6,000 "earnings".  I don't know the actual numbers but I wouldn't be surprised if I've spent $6,000 buying credits for entry fees to the rg's I "win" these credits in :-/  Every time I finish 30th in a 100c rg I "win" $0.50, although in reality I lose $0.50.  The more you spend in credit tournaments the more you "win". 

I suspect if you play brackets then you know playing against Sebicu will be tough without looking at his earnings :-)

• PAGES
RSS