Help › Forums

Tier up to champion

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 24 2021 12:51 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Slimjim001
    1,023 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2021 5:20 AM

"A word to the wise"   I am a good example of one who found an easy and quick way to the top tier and now I struggle to compete at my level. I belonged to a club that posted all those "lower your average" red tee type tournaments and I played them with vim and vigor. I can't express enough how much I regret having done that and I have some resentment that the top players in the club (and there were many) didn't warn and encourage me not to do that. Since the change to the new and improved WGT, I hear a lot of criticism; about how so many of the newbies are trouncing the old flash bunch and being called cheats for doing so. I think the answer actually lies in the fact that many of them are simply better players who don't give a diddly squat about titles. WGT is filled with wannabes like myself who kick up a lot of dust but don't walk away with much to show for it. Truth be told, my actual average is probably closer to 62 than 55. I wish I was still a Tour Master and feeling good about it. 

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2021 6:01 AM

Slimjim001:

"A word to the wise"   I am a good example of one who found an easy and quick way to the top tier and now I struggle to compete at my level. I belonged to a club that posted all those "lower your average" red tee type tournaments and I played them with vim and vigor. I can't express enough how much I regret having done that and I have some resentment that the top players in the club (and there were many) didn't warn and encourage me not to do that. Since the change to the new and improved WGT, I hear a lot of criticism; about how so many of the newbies are trouncing the old flash bunch and being called cheats for doing so. I think the answer actually lies in the fact that many of them are simply better players who don't give a diddly squat about titles. WGT is filled with wannabes like myself who kick up a lot of dust but don't walk away with much to show for it. Truth be told, my actual average is probably closer to 62 than 55. I wish I was still a Tour Master and feeling good about it. 

Your honesty is very refreshing, sir....respect.

ct

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2021 6:03 AM

Almogk4588:
    Thanks for your very uplifting input. Just so you know, it was a general wondering about how the game works. I got my tour legend by merit. Good luck to you as well.

No one who loves this game or worked their tails off to make Tier will ever take you seriously. I can look at stats and tell who used red tees and who didn't, And yes "Paper Champions" aggravate some of us greatly. 

The scores your shooting on eazzy tees are the scores you should be shooting from the back tees if your really a TL, Champ or Tour Champ.

Play how you want but understand why people do not feel warm and fuzzy about what your trying to do.

• Almogk4588
    4 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2021 7:36 AM
    Please add me as friend and lets have a match. @almogk4588
  • AlaskanDame
    18,869 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2021 9:05 AM

Slimjim001:
    I wish I was still a Tour Master and feeling good about it. 
    When anyone in my club tiers up to Master, I encourage them to stay there (and at TM) as long as possible.  They really are the most fun tiers.  M and TM should play the hardest courses possible, mastering the greens at least, even if they don’t have the tee off obstacles of Legends yet.  But do they listen?   Ha… no!   And then they moan about the car park tees and not being at a high enough level to qualify for long drivers and irons.  Sigh. . .

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2021 9:08 AM

Dave33200:
    Also play the game the way you want to play, don’t worry about others trying to tell you how they want you to play.

Can you show me one example in the previous posts where anyone tried to tell him how to play?

two people made fun of the red tee tourney spam games.

I said that it's a bad idea to do it and why. See the other post by a victim of red tee tourneys as to why I point out that it's a bad idea. 

No one  actually suggested another way to play.

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2021 7:14 AM

Almogk4588:
    Please add me as friend and lets have a match. @almogk4588

If your reply was to me, You can friend me and I am happy to play match play challenge (for credits) anytime. Friend me or just set up a game and type my name in the invite.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2021 10:19 AM

Mythanatos:

Dave33200:
    Also play the game the way you want to play, don’t worry about others trying to tell you how they want you to play.

Can you show me one example in the previous posts where anyone tried to tell him how to play?

I could show you where someone ridiculed how they think he plays.

"Anyone with any brain knows this is a stupid way to play."

and the quote from Dave is advising him nothing more than to play as he wants.

It seems the claim is that all he plays are red tee CC tournaments and the "advice" is he wont be competitive if promoted.  How do the two marry?  He's supposedly only playing red tee so the difference would be...?

People are lauded for reaching L346 or whatever, churning out 10m clash rounds, some may like to collect every piece of apparel available but none of that "improves your game" either. 

The people that really are competitive play the etour and win real money.  You wont see many of us from this thread there, and you wont often see many from there in the forum decrying how others play.

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2021 12:03 PM

I, for one, try to collect every bit of apparel available and, imho, it dramatically improves my game. You see, after all, it is not how good I play, it is how good I look playing.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2021 12:51 AM

:-)

• PAGES
RSS