Forums

Help › Forums

Putting Hack in Match Play

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 23 2021 12:27 PM (4 replies)
  • Jonny6881
    2 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2021 4:13 PM

Generally I find I do pretty well when I play this game. However I do find that a lot of funny stuff happens. An example being during match play. Typically I get paired against players that are masters or better. When I play Beverly Hills or lower I will almost always beat the higher seed. Despite the fact there is a handicap on the drives, the higher rated players are almost always closer to the hole after the drive than I am. Despite this and them having better clubs and balls, I’ll still typically win the matches. On the other hand when I play lower ranked players they rarely miss a shot and I lose more than I win. Then when I try to play above Beverly Hills my ability to win matches drops well below .500 no matter what clubs or rank my opponent has. To me the fact there is no rhyme or reason to who will win the match seems suspicious, suspicious to me. Especially when adding in the fact the developer does have their own financial motives that could lead to them being motivated to alter fairness in play. 

For everyone who is following me thus far I will talk about something that in my mind is a hack when it comes to putting in match play. When both myself and my opponent are on the green and I am closer my opponent will statistically miss the putt the majority of the time which is obviously a realistic statistic when it comes to the first putt. However it’s where my opponents ball ends up that really peeks my interest. I would say 90% of my time the ball ends up being my target. All I have to do is aim at my opponents ball and I will hit my putt almost any time without fail. I’ve even hit a few 50-60 footers using this strategy. IRL from time to time when playing with someone else their ball will end up in a spot where I will use it as a target. However that’s obviously not my gameplan and it’s more of coincidence/I’m not very good at reading greens. However when I play this game I just need to hope I land closer to the hole than my opponent because then I’ll have a great chance at hitting my next shot. Has anyone else noticed this? 

• golferguy2018
    362 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2021 4:18 AM

Seems like this is a tough thing to do. The balls would have to land in the same spot only your opponents is in back of yours. I do not know if i am reading your question right. ;-(

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2021 3:02 PM

Jonny6881:
    Then when I try to play above Beverly Hills my ability to win matches drops well below .500 no matter what clubs or rank my opponent has. To me the fact there is no rhyme or reason to who will win the match seems suspicious, suspicious to me. Especially when adding in the fact the developer does have their own financial motives that could lead to them being motivated to alter fairness in play.

If your win rate in Beverly Hills is below .500, you need to practice a lot more and get better at the game instead of implying that the developers have anything to do with your poor record in those games.  Just my thoughts.

Jonny6881:
    All I have to do is aim at my opponents ball and I will hit my putt almost any time without fail.

If that were a hack that really worked, everyone would be doing it.  Thanks for the laugh, though 😄

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2021 7:03 AM

SamSpayed:
    If that were a hack that really worked, everyone would be doing it.  Thanks for the laugh, though 😄

I tried covering tracks so no one would ever find out how easy it is to putt 2nd....

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2021 12:27 PM

RSS