Forums

Help › Forums

Game freezes when shot clock reaches zero

Mon, Dec 4 2023 5:01 AM (8 replies)
  • billsmini10
    160 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2021 4:39 PM

What causes this to happen?

It has happened twice today and 4 times in the past week.

When playing a hole, my opponent's shot clock runs out, and the game just freezes.

I've waited, 10 minutes, and another time I waited 15 minutes. The game will popup a message that game is not saved, and I lose my entry fee for that hole.

Only once has my waiting for a period of the above time that I got a message saying opponent has forfeited.

Another time, I forfeited after waiting 15 minutes, but I still lose my entry fee.

I have read that you can bring up task manager in Windows and halt the process and come back and it will resume, but that didn't work for the one time I tried this. I was just unable to get the game to load and had to wait about 20 minutes for the launcher to load the game.

Every time this happens, I lose my entry fee.

I play on a PC under Windows 10

Thank you,

billsmini10

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2021 7:50 AM

The "why" is probably because you're playing a game where two or more people are using the internet to connect to a server in one part of the world from two other parts of the world and there are sometimes issues.

If the counter "freezes" don't wait 10-15 mins to do something.

After 5-10 seconds just close the window/app (do not end the match from the LH menu) When you reopen the Launcher/app it should* try to reconnect to the same game.

Worst case scenario is that the game is lost but at least you aren't sitting twiddling your thumbs for 10-15 mins.

When you wait for 10-15 mins whats probably happening is your opponent is reconnecting and you time out and forfeit the game.

• billsmini10
    160 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2021 11:04 AM

Thank you MarchieB, I'll try that next time this happens.

billsmini10

• billsmini10
    160 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2021 9:38 AM

I had this happen again today, I was putting and got disconnect notice. Retry didn't work, tried it 6 times. So I shut the game down and when I relaunched the game, it got stuck on the opening screen saying "Updating Profile..."

When this happens, the game will not start, no matter how long I wait. 

I have to quit and try again later, at least 15-20 minutes later, By then I have lost my entry fee.

Today I lost a country club pass and my entry fee,,,

thanks for reading this,

billsmini10

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2021 1:24 PM

billsmini10:
    Today I lost a country club pass and my entry fee,,,
    You will lose the CC pass only if you have no chance to play your first shot - it counts!

My two Pfennig is NOT to use any MP game for anything else than the MP game itself.
    CDP, CC pass extra XPs, average... are all best enjoyed in single games!

• AussieDavo11
    1,933 Posts
    Tue, Mar 8 2022 9:27 PM

The game is freezing for me quite a few times in Coin games (which I just play sometimes to kill time).

The only thing i can do is start the game up on the app on my iPhone (I play on Windows 10 on a laptop), and the game on the laptop usually reboots during that.

But I stress - usually.

I think it is a WGT bug, because it is only in coins games.....

• TheDarwin
    4 Posts
    Sun, Dec 3 2023 12:39 PM

Game has become unplayable in the last week or so. Nearly every round (coin games) is ruined through freezing on short putts. It seemed to be use of the gimme option which was solved by opting to putt. Now it’s in games without the gimme option. Trying to restart rarely works. Painful!

RSS