Forums

Help › Forums

Harassment

Tue, Jan 24 2023 3:37 PM (43 replies)
  • suehughes72
    59 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2021 2:14 AM

Hi

Does anyone know if WGT takes sexual harassment seriously?  I have just returned to the game after some time off and am really enjoying the new coin matchup games.  95% of players have been terrific but I have encountered two that have been nasty, I wrote WGT about the last guy and blocked him.  Unfortunately I did not have the full proper username of the first one. 

I am curious if this tolerated or if anyone has advice.

Thanks and a good weekend to all : )

Sue 

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2021 1:51 PM

I believe that WGT are closing in on those, but information must be precise. Just make sure to keep proof of the situation, by screenshots.

In minor cases, it might be better to just "block and forget" such scum.

• blackridgenik
    104 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2021 2:20 PM

If anyone is nasty rude, sexual harassment, racist remarks, try to screenshot it and send to WGT, they will act on it 100%.

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2021 4:40 PM

WGT take harassment very seriously. I have encountered certain members whose behavior is intolerable (polite way of saying disgusting pigs...). I give the warning to please stop or I will take a screen shot of the chat and send to WGT member services.  If they persist, which they always do, I take the screen shots, paste them in a word doc, and send them to WGT explaining what happened.

In every instance, the member has been suspended. Although WGT will not advise you of the result of their investigation, I simply wait a few days and then search the player in the community link. If the member is suspended, their player name will not be found in the search.

All in all, for the most part, the WGT community is a bunch of great people.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2021 4:46 PM

alosso:

I believe that WGT are closing in on those, but information must be precise. Just make sure to keep proof of the situation, by screenshots.

In minor cases, it might be better to just "block and forget" such scum.

+1

I've been saving screenshots of such scum for years now with the intention of creating a Hall of Shame some day. 🙃

• suehughes72
    59 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2021 4:51 PM

Alosso, 

Thanks so much for the reply, appreciate it.  That is good advice on the screenshots, I will do that if it happens again.  I made sure to get the exact username (a mistake I made on the first guy) but assumed WGT would be able to read the chat.  They may be able to but probably a lot of digging so keeping them is a good idea.

I did block .. and have forgotten : )  People like that don't deserve any time but it's also true I want to stop them from harassing others.

Have a good week!

Sue

• suehughes72
    59 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2021 4:52 PM

Thanks Simon, appreciate your support also.  Have a good upcoming week. 

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2021 6:22 PM

Taking a screen shot of the text & user name is the best way to get WGT to do something about it. That way it's a no questions asked type of complaint. WGT can read what went on, and the username it right there also. 

• golferguy2018
    362 Posts
    Mon, Sep 13 2021 4:52 AM

This happened to a friend. they posted a nasty video to her wall. She contacted WGT & they said to forget it they were just having fun. So nothing was done. She quit WGT because of it.

• suehughes72
    59 Posts
    Mon, Sep 13 2021 3:57 PM

Wow that is very discouraging, I feel bad for her, it's a great game but she did the right thing.  If this were to continue with me, I would too.

I wrote them ... and have heard nothing.  I did block the last creep and have heard nothing but I hope he has been banned for a day or something at least.  

Well, the community is talking about it so I hope they take notice.  Thanks GolferGuy.

RSS