Forums

Help › Forums

Harassment

Tue, Jan 24 2023 3:37 PM (43 replies)
  • suehughes72
    59 Posts
    Mon, Sep 13 2021 3:59 PM

Thank you for the advice, I hope you are right as I have not heard from them and included the specific details of the player, time ... and the abuse.   

I will continue waiting though. 

• golferguy2018
    362 Posts
    Tue, Sep 14 2021 5:22 AM

Your welcome. Don't hold your breath as it might be a long wait for a reply.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Tue, Sep 14 2021 12:54 PM

suehughes72:
    I wrote them ... and have heard nothing.
    You won't, and rightly so.

They consider privacy of their clients very seriously and won't tell third parties about those actions.

There's one hint: If a username does no longer appear in user search, it has been cancelled. Alas, the account will remain, only inactive.

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2021 12:16 PM

suehughes72:

I am curious if this tolerated or if anyone has advice.

Thanks and a good weekend to all : )

Sue 

The Elephant in the room is-

There are a ton of guys who pretend to be woman on here and just online in general, These "girl-guys" talk to other guys in ways that make some of those guys feel comfortable speaking to any woman golfer on here this way. 

I usually find at least 1 guy in a group that includes a woman that will border on creepy behavior if not being outright nasty, you see it on nearly every womans wall comments. 

I dont have an answer but I do know the guys pretending to be woman are making this problem much worse.

• HamdenPro
    2,412 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2021 2:27 PM

LMAO...and how long have you been a member of WGT.  This has been a problem since the beginning, I presume.  I suggest people use TinEye, or Google/Bing image search engines on profile pics.  Just like guys posing as women, there are quite of few "studs" out there that end up being early pics of John Wayne, Arnold Schwarz....etc....lol. There are quite a few, regardless of gender that use fake pics. 

Your point is well taken, but, even so, a lot of guys think they can say anything because they hide behind their screens safe in their little minds.  At the same time, there are a lot of girls/women who are quite "easy" in exchange for gifts....to each his own. I have gotten good at ignoring most and do not let the small stuff bother me....it is the missed putts and wgt changing my meter scale without me knowing that ticks me off!!! 

Anyway, PureGro1, when the chat gets vulgar, just ignore, do a dab and take a screen shot...(In my case, however, I do not ignore...lol, I do a dab and report their butts!!!)

• mnb1985
    198 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2021 2:22 AM

Hi Sue 

im sorry to hear that in this day and age you’d experience anything like this. There’s always a few turds 💩 that spoil it for everyone. Take a note of what country club they are in also, I’ve no doubt our club would boot someone immediately for this type of behaviour. 

Screen shots would be best but if not the time of the game should suffice as all wgt games are server side and as a result everything is logged (including chats) 

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2021 6:11 AM

HamdenPro:
    LMAO...and how long have you been a member of WGT.  This has been a problem since the beginning, I presume.  I suggest people use TinEye, or Google/Bing image search engines on profile pics.

Agree and I have been around the interwebs since before it was cool...lol 

I do think for better or worse, Most on here seem to take it at face value, which is a bit scary in itself if they do this across the net.

HamdenPro:
    Anyway, PureGro1, when the chat gets vulgar, just ignore, do a dab and take a screen shot...(In my case, however, I do not ignore...lol, I do a dab and report their butts!!!)

I dont usually report anything, Just having a wife and daughter, knowing they go through this online...The dab is probably how I ended up here talking too much... :D

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Mon, Jan 2 2023 7:45 PM

KathleenMartin:

They'll react if you have proof. For example, if anyone’s acting rudely or making racist remarks, try to screenshot it. Paste the pictures into a word doc and send it to WGT with an explanation of your case.

^^^ 

This must be an expert after joining today and having two names and no golf. 

I can only add that you can turn chat off right there on the chat screen at the first hint of inappropriate language.

• HamdenPro
    2,412 Posts
    Mon, Jan 2 2023 7:51 PM

Duphpherer:
    This must be an expert after joining today and having two names and no golf

It is called a Bot

RSS