Forums

Help › Forums

Putter Meter Increments

Sun, May 15 2022 3:31 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Bergerman440
    9 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2021 8:34 PM

Hi WGT golfers. Need some advice and guidance. Looking to buy a new putter. Decided on one but it asks what meter increment I would like. 20,40,60,80,100. I have no idea what that means and which I should select. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch

• Cicero733
    2,291 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2021 3:46 PM

They are increments in feet. Players will determine needed putting power in one of two ways. Feet to the hole or percentage of power to hit. If you like to work with feet, then use the gauge as your putt by the feet markers. If you need to hit a 10’ putt you would move your power bar to mark for 10’.If you are a power percentage player, (required distance/power scale used) you would disregard the feet markings and use the incremental markings as percentages like you do for all other shots. For example if you wanted to hit your 10’ putt using the 15’ scale, your power percentage would be 67% (10’/15). If you wanted to hit you 10’ putt using the 30’ scale, your percentage would be 33% (10’/30). That’s the basics. Some prefer the 15/30/60 scale as they feel this arrangement requires less movement of the power bar thereby lessening error and creating more ding hits.  Some like the 10/20/50 scale because it’s easier to work by 10’s when using feet. Calculating the correct distance to the hole is the important part. 

• Kalliste
    1,404 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2021 7:16 AM

Bergerman,

You have a starter putter ..... you are in a Country Club, so you can have the use of shot-pal and putter-pal. Both very useful to you.

The putter pal for instance has this:

10 lines dividing the length of your power meter. 1st line is 10% power the 2nd line is 20% of power, the 3rd line is 30% of power, the 4th line is 40% of power and so it goes on to 9th line being 90% power.

Your starter putter has increments (or scales)  of 30-60-150 and 300.

If you use the 30 scale (your lowest on that putter) and you hit the 1st line  =10% of power your putt will travel 3 feet. Hit the 2nd line which is 20% power your putt will travel 6 feet and so it goes on to 9th line 90% power when if you hit that your putt will travel 27 feet.

Obviously if you use the 60 scale then 1st line will go 6 feet, 2nd line 12 feet and so on.

The trouble is that long gap between 30 60 150 and 300 on that putter.

As you have said what meter increment do you want?

Different putters have different scales (meter increments) as was said.

Yes some have (A)10-20-40-60-80-100  others have (B) 15-30-50-100.

It is all about those lines on the putter pal divided into ten increments or percentage of power you want to hit.

Look at like this....putter A  at the 10 scale will go only 1 foot by hitting 1st line ...putter B with the 15 scale will go 18 inches by hitting the 1st line whereas your putter goes 3 feet by hitting the 1st line.

All depends on what you need, but for me putters A and B will be much more accurate with their versatile scales to choose from.

Hope that helps.

Listee

x

• JayTempa29
    1 Posts
    Mon, May 9 2022 12:04 PM

I think u explained it perfectly, Well done. Player JayTempa29 

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Sat, May 14 2022 3:46 PM

pdb1:
    Except that the putter incrtements no longer are part of the putting stroke . Unfortunately with the new platform PCEA . That is one big feature that didn't carry over from Flash

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sat, May 14 2022 7:05 PM

pdb1:
    Except that the putter increments no longer are part of the putting stroke . Unfortunately with the new platform PCEA . That is one big feature that didn't carry over from Flash .

There are increments visible on the putting meter if you have Putter Pal enabled.  That is what Putter Pal does.  Perhaps you do not see them on your own putting meter because you are not in a country club that provides free Putter Pal.

What the OP and everyone else in this thread were discussing (8 months ago) was the putting scales that come with the specific putter that you're using, eg. 10-20-50 etc. or 15-30-60 etc., and how to use them to set the power of your putt.

@PureGro - LOL 😂

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Sun, May 15 2022 12:04 PM

pdb1:
    Those aren't the real increments . Not the putting swing tick increments that so many of us used for every putt for many years .And none of us have that ability any longer . Had to develop a different style

The OP has been around since 2020, the player you quoted is new as of 2022- No ONE is asking or talking about that.

pdb1:

Who doesn't use putter pal ? Most do . I do . Those increments don't count either .

I know a few...They might not count for you- but the OP was asking about those increments.

pdb1:
    So yes . We are talking about different increments . I didn't know the putter meters were called increments . I don't think they are .

Yes they are, "an increase or addition, especially one of a series on a fixed scale."

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Sun, May 15 2022 1:11 PM

I think Paul is talking about the way the avatar moves the putter on the backswing. In the flash game this movement was in steps, maybe five or six steps, but in the unity game it's smooth.

YankeeJim was a great proponent of the steps putting method for judging the distance in the flash game.

Hi Jim, if you're watching from the other side.  ; )

• PAGES
RSS