Forums

Help › Forums

Hack to Champion (Level 122 in 5 days) ????!!!!!!

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 3 2021 12:30 PM (9 replies)
  • Gabsou
    9 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2021 6:34 PM

https://www.wgt.com/members/Stevent63l/activities/default.aspx?PageIndex=4

Is it even possible ??? Really ??

It doesn't make sense. Is it a hacker or something ?

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2021 1:41 PM

Gabsou:

Is it even possible ??? Really ??

It doesn't make sense. Is it a hacker or something ?

Probably not a hacker in this case.  I'm guessing that the person you're referencing had a previous account at the Champion tier but could not access that account.  They then contacted WGT and started another account (with their blessing), then WGT moved that account to their previous tier to get their (new) account back to where the previous account was... or as close to it as possible.

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2021 1:59 PM

I don't remember what lured me to one of the postings that was made, but it sounds like the player in question had an account that was possibly being hacked by someone else.  That player was having issues with this and it was reported to WGT because something in WGT log in process was enabling this to some degree - this appears to have been the solution.

-- it was the owner of the CC that posted on WGTjudgesmails wall - about a security issue -- nothing shady going on there.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2021 2:11 AM

and it looks like he waited until he was Champ tier to enter credit tournaments.

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2021 5:24 AM

Ok, i did not follow it up enough, but it looks like the account should also have been made a TC and it wasnt... that means WGT allowed a demotion in tiers, which people say never happens.  That is more puzzling.  

• PQQk13
    36 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2021 7:39 AM

The few that have posted have the general story correct.

im friend Steven, StevenS1124 had his account hacked and because of a WGT security issue they were not able to lock down his old account. After several emails and weeks of waiting WGT said the best course of action would be to open up a new account and they would bump up the new one to where the old one was. They basically got it correct he is still owed his credits and Tour Champion tier but the level he was at the balls he had, the clubs and all his acquired apparel have been restored. A very good ending to what would have been the closure of one of the best players in WGT.

carry on

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2021 3:16 PM

StevenS112489:
    Precisely this. My last email response from WGT was this regarding my tour champion tier: WGT Member Services (WGT) Aug 26, 2021, 2:32 PM CDT Hey Steven, I'm sorry for the overall process of this, but I have completely moved over your account. Please let me know when you get a couple rounds in because I need to have you make progress before tiering you back up to Tour Champion.

Awesome, Steven.  Glad to hear they're straightening it out for you 🙂

• markscott132
    10 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2021 1:30 AM

Wow, that's really nice of WGT, really glad it all worked out for you....Great result in the end 

• Gabsou
    9 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2021 12:30 PM

Ok now it make sense ! ;)

So... Welcome back Steven !!

RSS