Forums

Help › Forums

Ios update not working

Sun, Jan 15 2023 11:13 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Weegary75
    17 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2021 2:12 PM

Hi folks I'm having issues trying to update, when I turn on wgt I get a improved update available but when I click on it, it takes me to the app store where there is no update available as I'm using ios 9.3 and needs to be ios 10 above, I cant get ios 10 above as it's a old ipad is there any other way around this. TIA

• BooGeez1
    2 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2021 8:38 PM

I'm having the same problem with my ipad 2. Any updates on this problem for relic ipad users?

• cmooreroy
    6 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2021 5:51 AM

same thing with my old ipad.

• bigkhj
    53 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2021 6:00 AM

I have encountered the same, I have an iPad 3 which is using software ios 9.3.5 and when I click on the "update available " it takes me to the I store which has no update available. This is very frustrating.please HELP.

• WVMountaineer
    8 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2021 11:03 AM

Same issue here.  I emailed support about it yesterday. Waiting to hear back. 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2021 12:19 PM

I'm an Android device user. With the latest update (1.71.6), WGT has drastically upgraded the minimum requirement of OS version on which the game can be run. (From Android 4.1+ [Jelly Bean, API 16] to Android 4.4+ [Kitkat, API 19]) This made one of my old smartphones that served me only for playing WGT completely useless now.

I think they're doing the same for Steve Jobs' products.

I don't know why WGT is forcing us to go out there and buy newer devices and what good it does to them, but if you want to continue playing the game, I guess this is the only option left to us : get yourself a latest smartphone / tablet or something that meets the minimum requirement at least.

This is really stupid from a marketing strategic point of view.

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2021 3:03 PM

My Iphone and Ipad updated just fine.iPhone is running iOS 14.7.1 and iPad is 12.5.4

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2021 3:41 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

I'm an Android device user. With the latest update (1.71.6), WGT has drastically upgraded the minimum requirement of OS version on which the game can be run. (From Android 4.1+ [Jelly Bean, API 16] to Android 4.4+ [Kitkat, API 19]) This made one of my old smartphones that served me only for playing WGT completely useless now.

I think they're doing the same for Steve Jobs' products.

I don't know why WGT is forcing us to go out there and buy newer devices and what good it does to them, but if you want to continue playing the game, I guess this is the only option left to us : get yourself a latest smartphone / tablet or something that meets the minimum requirement at least.

This is really stupid from a marketing strategic point of view.

Microsoft did the same thing with win10.  They dropped support for win7, just try to download anything from microsoft or even find anywhere downloads that are valid for 7.  Better yet, just ask a question in a brower concerning win7, most answers will point to 10. Had to update to 10 on one of the computers here as it was not fully updated to SP1 and you can't find anywhere a workable copy of sp1.

I have said in other threads, it may not actually be a WGT Problem, it could be Apple's.(IOS) version that is not allowing WGT to run.  Esp. with older equipment.  They all want you to buy new now.

• EWisniewski1
    39 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2021 8:30 AM

This has got to be fixed! While I am fine several members in my Country club are having this issue. One will lose a 1000+ day streak to this screw up. Please Fix it WGT!

• protonc
    643 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2021 5:37 PM

This is from memory with other apps for an older IOS device.  If possible login on a friends newer device, select buy or whatever the option is, then go back to your device.  If I remember correctly it will be there to download. Not the best option, but better than nothing. I have an older ipad that I was able to do this with for other apps.

• PAGES
RSS