Forums

Help › Forums

How Does This Work?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 3 2021 11:40 PM (6 replies)
  • doctorstrike
    80 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2021 9:12 AM

I was looking at a CC roster for a Club, that I prefer not to name, and I noticed that the Owner has not played a round for 5 years.  The membership of the Club is made up of mostly inactive Recruits.  My questions are:

1) It is probably not good etiquette to try to recruit new members to your CC by raiding other CC's but in this case where the Owner is inactive and there are no Directors, would it be a mistake to invite the members of this club to join a more active CC?  This is a rhetorical question because I have looked at the membership of this Club and they mostly, if not all, inactive participants.

2) Many of the members of this particular CC have been recruited long after the Owner has become inactive.  It is my understanding that a golfer has to request to join a CC, their request is Pending until such time as the Owner accepts their application and then they become a Recruit.  How is it that many of the member of this CC to which I'm referring have become Recruits when the Owner is inactive - or is my understanding of the process incorrect?

• gonfission
    2,229 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2021 3:56 PM

Quite a few *noobs* will open their own CC's. Then make tourney's on *RED* tees

This allows shorter shots, to propel you through the ranks....

Better equipment, balls, etc....

Only thing is, when you shoot up on red tee's, you have no idea how to play correctly from your assigned tee's

The *Devil is always in the details* 

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2021 9:35 PM

I'd consider a CC with an inactice owner "dead". They may still play tournaments if there are active members with permission and they may play MP rounds as friends, but crucial functions, limited to the owner, will be neglected.

I'd consider contact and invitations to an active CC o.k.

Concerning Q #2, the owner may opt to accept members without approval - it's an option in the Owner's Tools.

In general, I'd advise prospective members against direct CC application. It's better to get in contact with the owner, or at least with a director, first to check on life and vibe of this CC. Asking for possible special rules may give a valuable clue as well.

And, remember, you may enter for free and leave on your own will - just be courteous!

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2021 11:39 AM

doctorstrike:
    It is probably not good etiquette to try to recruit new members to your CC by raiding other CC's but in this case where the Owner is inactive and there are no Directors, would it be a mistake to invite the members of this club to join a more active CC?  This is a rhetorical question because I have looked at the membership of this Club and they mostly, if not all, inactive participants.

I don't think it would be a mistake.  If anything, I think you would be doing the active members of that dead club (if there are any) a service by offering them a spot in a more active club like yours.

Of course, the question is:  Are they really the kinds of members you want in your club?  It might be worth having a conversation with them first to find out.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2021 1:14 PM

Don't be too critical to these members, Sam!

They are active, and a more exciting environment may keep them active, more than an inactive one.

Members (i.e. players, people) will change their minds constantly, even in your CC. Alas, being there may keep them in the game a tad longer ;)

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2021 3:44 PM

alosso:

Don't be too critical to these members, Sam!

They are active, and a more exciting environment may keep them active, more than an inactive one.

I'm not being critical at all.  I think you and I are saying the same thing, alosso.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2021 11:40 PM

Agreed!

RSS