Help › Forums

Invalid Login. Please Try Again.

Sat, Feb 18 2023 5:26 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Sun, Aug 29 2021 5:57 PM

Hi folks,

I'm writing this from my smartphone. I just formatted my laptop this weekend and since then I cannot log into the WGT site. I've tried three different addresses as you can see in the screenshots below but came up with no success.

There used to be workarounds (logging in from the game client during the flash era or from PCEA now) but the thing is I don't plan to install PCEA (the launcher) in my computer as I hardly ever play on it.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Simon

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sun, Aug 29 2021 7:36 PM

What happens if you click "Forgot username or password?"  Does WGT send you a link to reset your password?  If they do, that might get you in.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Sun, Aug 29 2021 8:51 PM

Thought it was a good idea so I gave it a try but didn't work unfortunately. I'm so clueless... ☹️

Thanks for the suggestion though, Sam. Appreciate it.

• ScottHope
    10,081 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2021 12:17 AM

Try typing out your password into a text editor first Simon, just to make sure all the characters are correct, then copy and paste that into WGT.

If keyboards are not set to the correct language they won't type out the characters you think they should. Double check them.

If I accidently set my keyboard to English (US) for example, and hit shift and 2 to type a double quote ("), I get an @ symbol instead.

EDIT : When you did the recover password thing, did you check your email spam/junk folders for any response from WGT?

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2021 4:08 AM

ScottHope:
    Try typing out your password into a text editor first Simon, just to make sure all the characters are correct, then copy and paste that into WGT.

I tried both typing ID & PW by myself and copying & pasting them that are saved in a text file. The same result, Scott. 😞

ScottHope:
    EDIT : When you did the recover password thing, did you check your email spam/junk folders for any response from WGT?

Yes, I did. I've got responses from WGT, one confirming the receipt of my request and the other confirming the password successfully changed.

I know my ID & PW are correct. It's rather a browser issue, I believe... Anyone else using MS Edge (or any browser) and having the same login problem?

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2021 6:20 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

Yes, I did. I've got responses from WGT, one confirming the receipt of my request and the other confirming the password successfully changed.

I know my ID & PW are correct. It's rather a browser issue, I believe... Anyone else using MS Edge (or any browser) and having the same login problem?

So your mobile is still signed in or signing into the game but you cant sign into WGT website using the browser? 

Have you tried Chrome or FireFox? 

Is it just me or is it very strange that he changed password but doe not effect his mobile sign in?

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2021 9:10 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    having the same login problem?

My buddy is having the issue with logging in to wgt.com, can't get to his profile page, club home page, etc.

Has not been able to get in for over a month now, with no replies from wgt to his messages about the issue. Think he uses Firefox. I know he plays the game itself through Steam.

He's had and used the same password for years with no issues til recently.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2021 1:04 PM

PureGro1:
    So your mobile is still signed in or signing into the game but you cant sign into WGT website using the browser? 

That's right. Well... as a matter of fact, even on your mobile device, you get the same error message when you try to log in directly from the browser. What I do instead is open the WGT app and go to country club forums. It then connects you to the website automatically.

PureGro1:
    Have you tried Chrome or FireFox? 

No, I haven't tried other browsers and that's the thing, I don't want to install too many programs/softwares in my computer including additional browsers and PCEA the launcher.

PureGro1:
    Is it just me or is it very strange that he changed password but doe not effect his mobile sign in?

I had to log in again with the new password. As I said above, if you log in from/via the launcher (PC) or the app (mobile), it automatically directs and connects you to the WGT website, no login hustle.

See... I know the workaround but as I mentioned, I don't want to install the launcher. Now I guess I've got no choice but installing it though for the sake of being able to log in from my PC.

twinponds169:

My buddy is having the issue with logging in to wgt.com, can't get to his profile page, club home page, etc.

Has not been able to get in for over a month now, with no replies from wgt to his messages about the issue. Think he uses Firefox. I know he plays the game itself through Steam.

He's had and used the same password for years with no issues til recently.

This is just so weird. Actually this is a problem that goes on for years but since there's always been a way to go around it, never felt like a big deal until now that I'm determined to get it done with no detours.

Yeah, I'd like to hear what WGT has to say about this also.

Again, I know it's not a problem of ID or PW. The browser just DOESN'T let you log in!

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2021 12:44 PM

A good Samaritan gave me a helping hand.

SOLUTION :

Use only the first 10 characters of your original password.

Done and no more headache! Hope you all find it helpful. Cheers.

• ScottHope
    10,081 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2021 1:26 PM

Glad you solved it Simon.

My password used to be longer than 10 characters and it worked in the old days. I never knew for a long time that only 10 characters were looked at in the login process, anything extra was just ignored.

• PAGES
RSS