Help › Forums

Harbour Town

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 31 2021 8:33 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Sun, Aug 29 2021 7:15 AM

Why no Harbour Town in tournaments or other events (that I can fin d)?

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Aug 29 2021 7:27 AM

• Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Sun, Aug 29 2021 11:08 AM

Thanks Top...

Warren

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,494 Posts
    Sun, Aug 29 2021 11:11 AM

TopShelf2010:

Tresclub:

Why no Harbour Town in tournaments or other events (that I can fin d)?

Harbour Town is a CTTH course not available for full stroke play.

I've been wondering the same for years now. There are more courses like this other than Harbour Town actually. Hope they'll be all available for stroke play "soon"*. (* I know it's a very relative term for WGT. LOL)

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Aug 29 2021 12:04 PM

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,494 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2021 4:24 AM

TopShelf2010:
    Could you imagine the excitement throughout if ALL of the CTTH courses suddenly became available as full stroke play courses? 

Oh yeah, it'd be awesome! 😀

↓↓EDIT : You too, John. Cheers!↓↓

• DufferJohn7
    3,563 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2021 6:38 PM

I'd party if Cabo and/or Whistler returned. Not to mention the promised and never delivered 18 holes of Bandon.  Ahh always nice to dream. 

Have fun and hit em straight, 

John 

• JDGHOST
    6,764 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2021 8:37 PM

TopShelf2010:
    Could you imagine the excitement throughout if ALL of the CTTH courses suddenly became available as full stroke play courses? 

Now Don my friend ...Why on God's Earth would WGT do something great like that? We don't want to many courses to chose from (Like an "Unnamed" competitors site) would we? Nooo I love playing the same courses for years on end!! I imagine it's what a Toll Booth worker feels when they stick him/her at the very same spot everyday for years on end!! 

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2021 10:07 PM

SimonTheBeetle:
    There are more courses like this other than Harbour Town actually. Hope they'll be all available for stroke play "soon"*. (* I know it's a very relative term for WGT. LOL)
    I have learned over time that "soon" is an acronym for the Twelfth of Never on the WGT calendar.

Alas, this is another case.

Remember that WGT courses are based on real photographs. That said, on those "CTTH only" courses, they shot less photos, just what they needed. Therefore, an upgrade to "full course" would require a new visit for (my estimate) a new full set of pictures and contures, implying negotiations and contracts and a lot of work and costs!

Also, as the Bandon Dunes example shows (*), many courses aren't suitable for WGT as they lack the course length for all the deChambeaus in this game. Those "parking lot" tees must exist to be photographed!

(*) One course at Bandon Dunes Resort comes close to 7,000 yds (6,944), three others are between 6,600 and 6,800 yds, probably no match for our virtual clubs!

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,494 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2021 10:54 PM

↑↑ +1 True that. ↑↑

• PAGES
RSS