rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 30 2021 9:14 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Fri, Aug 27 2021 5:56 PM

pdb1:
    Any advice or tips that could help ?

I use the EASY green (Bethpage #3) to practice hitting dings and distance control.  Kind of like a pre-game warm-up.

The MEDIUM green (Kiawah #7) has lots of weird breaks.  I find it next to useless for practice.

The HARD green (Merion #15) is good for reading breaks in conjunction with precise distance control, because if you miss on the wrong side of the hole or your distance control is off, your ball will roll off the green.

I do find that all 3 greens play the same way in Practice as they do in other rounds.  No difference.

Just my thoughts.

• DufferJohn7
    3,561 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2021 11:29 AM

My experience matches both of you. But I'm frustrated I can't work on improving my mediocre putting on championship speed greens because there is no way to practice those speeds. I play as many tournaments as I can with championship speeds hoping repetition will help but without the putt preview and mulligan features it is a memory game for the next time I play with no opportunity to see what happens and repeat trying different things.

Just finished a round on C14s. Miss high, miss low and repeat hole after hole with no way to try again with adjustments. AAARRRGGGHHH

Oh well, this is why fermentation was invented.

Have fun and hit 'em straight,

John

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2021 4:22 PM

DufferJohn7:

Just finished a round on C14s. Miss high, miss low and repeat hole after hole with no way to try again with adjustments. AAARRRGGGHHH

Oh well, this is why fermentation was invented.

Have fun and hit 'em straight,

John

Im going to give you a different solution. And really it involves questions not statements and then a tad of logic applied by you about what i asked.

How to improve your putting.

Would you rather have consistently longer putts 15 feet and greater or shorter putts 6feet or less?

Would you rather have slightly longer putts by a few feet  let's say 7-10 feet but straight or 4 foot sidehill or downhill  putts with a decent break?

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2021 7:34 PM

pdb1:
    There is no right or wrong answer to the question above . All of those scenarios would be preferences . It is like a riddle without a need to answer .

and that is why you are still mediocre.

The answers are. Everyone's putting should improve if their ADP improves. the closer you can consistently hit it to the pin the better.

HOWEVER.

Uphill putts are better than downhill putts especially on champ greens. 

Straight putts are better than sidehill putts with break.

anyone with any timing skill at all is going to make a high % of  straight uphill putts of 15feet or less.  So 10 feet straight up the hill should be preferred to 4 feet and on a steep sidehill. 

the final step really on lowering scores is plotting landing zones on every single green in the game and for each pin location. 

Where is the straightest putt is the last piece of the puzzle. 

I could have just told him but i put it that way just to show that you have little to none critical thinking ability. I knew you'd post something clueless. It's like the sun coming up.  

Zero logic. But you just have to see your words in text form. right or wrong means nothing to you. 

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Sun, Aug 29 2021 11:27 AM

Can you two please hold on a minute....popcorn in the microwave..:)

• Babzilla33
    909 Posts
    Sun, Aug 29 2021 10:45 PM

Save some popcorn for me!!! 

As for putting practice on higher speed greens, I used to go on unlimited CC rounds that were set for C13 greens and hit putts back and forth getting an idea of counting the dots. Typically best to choose a course that has a short Par 4 on hole #1 or 10 so you don’t have to waste too many hits getting to the green. Once a putt is made, just restart that hole and pick a different spot. As mentioned above, the practice putting greens are pointless and one of the many downsides WGT has not invested effort into. Best of luck!

-Babz-

• PAGES
RSS