Forums

Help › Forums

Showdowns Are Unfair!

Mon, Nov 29 2021 6:13 AM (22 replies)
  • BrushHog64
    4 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2021 11:18 AM

How is it that I enter my first showdown (as a Hack) shoot -3 (with basic equipment), finish 50th and only win 1 golf ball? The 49 players above me are all ranked 80 or higher (winner was 92 and second place 114)!!

How is that fair? Why are players not grouped by level? This makes no sense. Why bother entering a showdown if you have no chance to win?

Can someone explain?

• reggie7900
    912 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2021 6:09 PM

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2021 7:54 PM

Showdown is a competition and a competition is usually not designed to "be fair", rather it's a place where the law of the jungle applies.

Practice a lot, get yourself better equipment, improve your game and don't play in competitive events until you become good enough to hold your own. Otherwise, you'll only be a prey to predators. Good luck.

• BrushHog64
    4 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2021 9:00 PM

That's the point genius! Not with levels 80 and higher!! What's the point of having a rank if everyone is lumped together. If you played the real game you'd know golf has a handicap system to level the playing field! You never see a pro versus an amateur in a tournament.

The showdowns should be bracketed by tiers to give everyone a chance to win!!

• BrushHog64
    4 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2021 9:13 PM

Spoken like someone who takes pride in beating amateurs! And yes sparky, real life competitions are designed to be fair (ie: rankings, seedings, brackets, handicaps....should I go on?).

Maybe in your small, lonely digital world you're a predator but this game is supposed to be simulate real golf and in reality, golf is designed to be fair......

Let's you and I play head to head some time and we'll see who holds their own ;)

• reggie7900
    912 Posts
    Tue, Aug 24 2021 12:09 AM

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Tue, Aug 24 2021 7:38 AM

Unfortunately until WGT wants to commit the time and money to change the Showdown Tournaments to WGT tier based groupings rather than the current "how many credits/coins do you want to wager?" groupings it will not be fair for the lower skilled players.

The names of the current groupings (Rookie/Veteran/Expert) does not help in any way either as it implies that the groupings are based on skill level when that could be furthest from the truth with all tiers of players from Hack to Tour Champions having the ability to enter any of the three groupings.

The current setup gives a clear advantage to the higher skilled players especially in the Rookie grouping and IMHO WGT could generate higher interest in these events by changing them to tiered groupings to allow players of all skill levels a fair chance at succeeding.

• BrushHog64
    4 Posts
    Tue, Aug 24 2021 11:35 AM

Finally some truth and clarity! Thank you!!

• reggie7900
    912 Posts
    Tue, Aug 24 2021 11:46 AM

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Tue, Aug 24 2021 12:05 PM

BrushHog64:
    Let's you and I play head to head some time and we'll see who holds their own

If you genuinely believe that, the game's already fair enough so what's there for you to b*tch about?! See how full of nonsense you are?

And am I the only one who feel like this guy sounds like a restarter? LOL Anyways...

I like you. You make me laugh.

RSS