Forums

Help › Forums

8 Straight Practice Swings and I'm DQ'd (Mouse Bug?)

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 4 2021 1:11 PM (6 replies)
    4,130 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2021 6:28 PM

This is isn't the first time this has happened.  Apple mouse works fine in solo games.  Most of the time in multi-player games.  But at random times my ding click with driver doesn't register, resulting in a practice swing.  Then it happens again.  And again.  Then I timeout.

Then I try changing clubs.  Another practice swing.  Then I switch to punch shot.  Another practice swing.  I'm hammering on the mouse button now, but to no avail.

I'm doomed.

Second time out and I'm DQ'd.  I'm cruising along in the Showdown, -5 after 6.  This happens on the first of my third set of three holes, so the DQ results in three bogies.

After I went and played one hole in Chelsa and it works fine.  Thanks WGT, if it's not the bogey bug, you find some other way to mess me up.

Has anyone else experienced this problem with an unresponsive mouse on the ding click?  Probably not.  I don't call myself Mr. Lucky for nothing.

Cheers

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2021 9:50 PM

Low battery on a wireless mouse?

Or a simple fault on a simple cord mouse?

• mikey1961
    1,680 Posts
    Sun, Aug 22 2021 2:27 AM

alosso:

Low battery on a wireless mouse?

Or a simple fault on a simple cord mouse?

None of those because i to have had the exact same problem i've even bought a new mouse on the premise that it was the problem but no difference, for me now it is an occasional problem but i just live with it and in retrospect i think it is a game fault even though it doesn't affect everybody it is there 

4,130 Posts
    Sun, Aug 22 2021 10:55 AM

mikey1961:

None of those because i to have had the exact same problem i've even bought a new mouse on the premise that it was the problem but no difference, for me now it is an occasional problem but i just live with it and in retrospect i think it is a game fault even though it doesn't affect everybody it is there 

Being that my mouse works perfectly in all other applications (including solo WGT games), I'm pretty confident the problem would continue with a new mouse.  I'm not going to spend the $$$ to find out, it would be nice to figure out some way to work around this.  At one time I was able to aim way right and miss way early to compensate, but that didn't work this time.

Thanks for the responses.

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2021 1:27 PM

Have you tried just closing and reopening the Application?

4,130 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2021 1:11 PM

I have an update!

I tried reinstalling, a wired mouse instead of my Magic Mouse, nothing seemed to help.

Finally my club owner suggested looking at my settings.  I compared mine to his and they were very similar except I had Swing Controls turned on, something I did awhile back although I can't remember why.  I turned it off and presto!  No more swings and misses.  I've played several coin games since and no issues.  It's nice to play without that annoying glitch which made the game feel like Russian roulette at times.

Thanks to all for your responses.

RSS