Forums

Help › Forums

2021 Andyson Memorial Tournament line up and scores

Thu, Jun 30 2022 2:20 PM (582 replies)
  • MioKontic
    4,590 Posts
    Sun, Oct 10 2021 4:44 AM

TomCarioca:

So impressive how quick he sets his shots, how precise he hits the ding and lands the ball. All that done in an multitasking environment of WGT playing, chatting, twitching lol

How is that possible?

Experience, feel, and no need for a calculator.  8-10 years ago I could play 9 holes in 12 minutes scoring around -6, and some players would be far more accurate than me.  And I've seen a video of Priestess playing 9 holes in less than 10 minutes (that was the amount of free streaming time available on Bandicam); can't remember the score, but I'm sure it will have been near perfect. I might try timing myself again to see how quick I play now.

I've been playing a lot of coins games lately and I'm gobsmacked how many take 40 of the 45 seconds to play a drive (takes me on average about 7-10 seconds, and that includes changing the camera, setting the marker, changing the camera back, maybe changing the spin, and hitting the shot), or 40 seconds for a 1-2ft putt (takes me about 2 seconds!).  What these people are doing taking so long on the simplest of shots is beyond me!

• conveyorguy
    776 Posts
    Sun, Oct 10 2021 7:48 AM

I'm guessing not many are good using an abacus ? I've always been good doing math in my head, but i guess most aren't. I would recommend one with oversize keys and display from the dollar store :)

• kelsp
    2,197 Posts
    Sun, Oct 10 2021 10:17 AM

Thanks Scott.

You flatter me too much Tom lol it's just having 2 screens/monitors :)  For a change I was close to the pin yesterday: I normally leave myself horrible putts in general but Scott chose that option instead.

Looking forward to the finale as well Tom(and you undoubtedly deserve to be in the final, your humble self-deprecation aside). Will ping you on Discord to schedule it.

Thanks, kp

P.S. MioKontic is quite correct. But yes one can take time more time in certain situations but not required all the time. I do mental maths for most shots & a few putts but use a basic Calculator for strange number putts: my Mental math is too imprecise for those(as I tend to round-up or down)

• Slimjim001
    1,024 Posts
    Sun, Oct 10 2021 1:13 PM

The difference between casual golf and speed golf to me is similar to the difference between dining and eating. They both get the job done but one seems more likely to make the journey a bit more enjoyable; but I'm as old as dirt and can't do anyting fast anymore.  LOL

• conveyorguy
    776 Posts
    Sun, Oct 10 2021 5:15 PM

Made it past the Wolf, barely. Birdied 1 & 2,then egld 5...on our way. Bogeyed 7 , but got it back at 10. Bogey 12 but eagled13 to get it back to -5. bird on 15 and 17, need 1 more at 18 to stay in. Gr8 drive on 18to the green, had a putt 54' and up 27. Inches lol. hit the number but 2' right. Birdie. Fweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Mon, Oct 11 2021 5:17 AM

Round 9:

10.11.21 Wolf Creek Golf Club Full 18 Tour Champion 59

Pretty sure Dennis would have been laughing at me jumping through hoops on #13 as I flew through the green, 'flopped' past the pin and down the slippery slope, take 2 attempts to even negotiate the return climb, and another two to finally banish the ball into the darkness for a DB 6.

Cheers!

🍹🍹🍹

• MioKontic
    4,590 Posts
    Mon, Oct 11 2021 5:25 AM

A 62 for me at Wolf Creek.  Left 2 or 3 shots out there, but maybe they'll come next week  ;)

May I give a couple of observations...

First, absolutely love the strokeplay format this year, by progressing each week if you better the cut mark.

Second, I do feel that the strokeplay tournament each week should be the weekly 18-hole WGT tournament.  The reasoning behind this is to not allow apparel to be used.  I've been playing a lot of coins games lately and a lot of players are driving 350yds simply because of apparel (I'm not one of them - not a high enough level, and I use starter balls for worthless coins games).  Now imagine playing off Tour Pro tees... you'd be hitting most greens with that distance.  Let's get back to playing proper golf where you have to use your skills to get a good score rather than simply wearing a pair of orange underpants.  I don't even know what the 'xxx surface power' abilitty means, but if it reduces the effects of rough/sand etc then again, it shouldn't be allowed - rough and hazards are there for a reason - to potentially penalise wayward shots, so making them easier to get out of negates their existence.

By the way, I don't wear any ability-enhancing apparel when playing my games, but there's no way of actually policing it except by playing the weekly WGT tournament.

• Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Mon, Oct 11 2021 5:47 AM

struggled on the back 9 but those things happen sometimes

10.11.21 Wolf Creek Golf Club Full 18 Tour Champion

• Rossembo
    948 Posts
    Mon, Oct 11 2021 3:28 PM

10.10.21   Wolf Creek   Full 18   Scored 62

Ross   

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Mon, Oct 11 2021 6:57 PM

MioKontic:
    I do feel that the strokeplay tournament each week should be the weekly 18-hole WGT tournament.  The reasoning behind this is to not allow apparel to be used.

Agree 100%, Mio.  That's why Jim and I play it together... in multi-player you can set Apparel OFF, which you can't do if you play it by yourself.  

This week @ Wolf Creek:

Slimjim001 - 62

SamSpayed - 58

RSS