Forums

Help › Forums

DO NOT UPGRADE

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 26 2021 1:59 AM (43 replies)
  • Fanling2002
    1,149 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2021 11:59 AM

Very ineffective and this bug is very very painful , it really make you think of quitting this game as the level support is terrible .
    I don't know if all ipads have this bug or a certain category , but to WGT it looks like business as usual , lets put it in the waiting list (miles long) of bug fixing and put t someday in a new release .
    Very disappointing .

• Fanling2002
    1,149 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2021 12:21 PM

Now Support is telling me that the 1 week old 1.71.12 has fixed the bug (when i mailed them today about the bug being there) . Help , its a real nightmare (or a sad joke)

• Fanling2002
    1,149 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2021 4:43 AM

mail received

WGT Member Services (WGT)

Sep 2, 2021, 2:10 PM CDT

We are continuing to look into this issue further and hope to have a resolution soon. In the meantime, it seems that this meter jump is caused when the player is clicking on the outer edges of their device. Please try clicking more towards the middle to see if this helps

I click on the lower right corner (on top of the ball) so i fit the pattern

Normal 0 false false false EN-US JA X-NONE

• Aidansnell
    147 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2021 9:47 PM

Experiencing the same issue recently especially in the clash. So iPad does not register the ding and meter goes all the way right. Ball slices widely to the right. Lost or in deep rough. shank bug? 
    initial WGT response was that I was on an old iOS version but since I was on latest easy to refute that one. Passed to QA apparently so maybe it will get to developers eventually.

for me it’s not every shot. Can go a whole game with just my normal mistakes. Then have the issue off the tee. Once I have the issue likely to see it again , any club. Not every time though.

Several iPads in our club reporting it but not all. Some effected more than others. 1mac reporting it which is interesting but don’t have details. iPhone, androids seem ok but not everyone will have taken a recent upgrade.

mid game I hit the problem. Closed it. Deleted app. Download again. Restarted game. Finished ok. As my issue is not every shot I can’t see whether reinstalling/ rebooting really worked around the problem. Issue re occurred in later clash game.

interested in any pattern players have observed? Some iPad users on the latest WGT upgrade don’t have the issue. 

• Stanley0381
    260 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2021 1:56 AM

Until a few days ago my WGT World was blissful and happy apart odd putt that lipped out etc and when logging on saw upgrade invite. Clicked on the button and boy my virtual world has turned upside down and never have I been so stressed over this bug. Standing over a ball not having a clue where it is going to go has reminded me of a period where I went through the shanks in real life (thankfully that has now been cured)

There a few members of our CC also experiencing the same problem and in a way I am reassured it is not just us and a fellow member has pointed me to this thread.

Like the others I have complained to WGT and they have refunded me the lost balls and “helpfully” advised me to be careful with my hovering hand when attempting to hit the ball. What an insult that was!

I play on iPad where all the problems are, I can play on iPhone but my eyesight not the best to be accurate enough.

I am not sure if WGT ever review these forum posts - all we can do is keep emailing them and cajoling them into fixing the issue. An update from them to what they are doing would at least be a comfort to know they acknowledge there is a problem and work is underway to resolve this (and a timescale). 

Please, please, please WGT can you update us and fix this problem which is a major concern to us all to continue enjoying this great game.

Thank you

• Fanling2002
    1,149 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2021 4:06 AM

I am happy to report that now i tap above the swing meter and I didn't had a single glitch since I have been using this new method of play .

I am still awaiting the correction of this bug , but at least i can play again

• blackridgenik
    104 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2021 11:13 AM

I hit the swing button to start the shot and stop the shot, saying move more to the middle is rubbish, on a touch screen should make no difference at all. 

• blackridgenik
    104 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2021 11:14 AM

When I questioned 1.71.12 they told me they were still looking into it..?

• Stanley0381
    260 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2021 1:19 AM

I have adopted their suggestion of hitting it near the middle of screen rather that outer edges and it has solved it for me (for now). WGT do say they are investigating and I hope they do fix it before long as finding it a bit weird for my coordination in scrolling with right thumb then hovering over screen with left hand to hit it. Still million times better than before

• blackridgenik
    104 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2021 10:45 PM

It does seem to solve the problem, but like you say it's very weird for my coordination, you take the shot then your thinking where your finger got to be to stop it, all this is saying is we changed some code or whatever they do which has affected how your touch screen reacts to touch, and we are doing our best to find where we messed up.

RSS