Forums

Help › Forums

Back playing again but is there still meter issues?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 17 2021 3:46 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Davonzip
    14 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2021 9:05 AM

Hey all,

Been away for awhile, mostly since the end of the 'flash' error.

Decided to try again with the new changes, but i am having meter issues once again.

You click the mouse and meter keeps on traveling sometimes allot sometimes a little.

Tried no ad blockers, no pop ups, etc. tried Chrome and Edge nothing really helps.

Whats the latest 'fixes' to try if any ? thanks!

Rick

• protonc
    643 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2021 3:21 PM

The game no longer has anything to do with a browser. 

Meter differs from full screen to window based in my opinion. It also differs hugely by your mouse, wired vs wireless, gaming vs standard,  etc.  I praise the Redragon M601, can be found on Amazon. 

Welcome back!

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2021 3:26 PM

Davonzip:
    You click the mouse and meter keeps on traveling sometimes allot sometimes a little.

Maybe try with a different mouse.

• Dex000
    109 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2021 9:11 AM

Sounds like a problem with your hardware. 

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2021 1:06 PM

Davonzip:

Hey all,

Been away for awhile, mostly since the end of the 'flash' error.

Decided to try again with the new changes, but i am having meter issues once again.

Tried no ad blockers, no pop ups, etc. tried Chrome and Edge nothing really helps.

Whats the latest 'fixes' to try if any ? thanks!

Rick

Try a gaming mouse with an adjustable polling rate and set it at the highest possible setting which in most cases is 1000. The higher the polling rate the quicker the mouse responds to your clicks. 

Of course y the mouse you are using could be wearing out, A worn mouse might work very well in many games but work very poorly in a game like WGT. 

You Might also install Steam if you don't already use it and play WGT via Steam. My mouse seams to react a tad quicker when I play via Steam. Not sure why it just does. 

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2021 1:11 PM

Just out of curiosity Rick, do you know what your screen refresh rate is? It'll be a number in Hz (Hertz).

• Davonzip
    14 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2021 5:52 AM

Thanks all for your responses!

I will work on the mouse, maybe try a new gaming one, etc..

Scott..my refresh rate is 59.997 Hz

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2021 6:55 AM

Thank you Davon. I have a theory, probably misguided, that 60Hz screen refresh rates may contribute to the meter not stopping where you want it to, but it would take a fair amount of data collection to see if there was any correlation between the two. 

Imagine your meter takes 10 seconds (it doesn't) to go from one end to the other. If your screen refresh rate is 60Hz (60 refreshes per second) then the meter is going to be redrawn 600 times.
    If your screen has a 120Hz refresh rate, then your meter is going to be redrawn 1200 times. Each time the meter is redrawn it has moved a little bit. So with a 60Hz refresh, rate the meter has moved twice as far, each time it is redrawn, as it would with a 120Hz refresh rate.
  • Yiannis1970
    3,262 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2021 7:17 AM

Interesting theory Scott....however, let me express my idea about the issue.

I don't think the refresh rate of the screen has something to do with response time. Maybe if the native content is not matching your refresh rate, the worst thing you will have is pulldown judder (24 frames on 60Hz monitor, or 30 frames on 50Hz monitor etc). If we presume that we receive 60 fps (as a native content) then either 59,997 or 60 Hz will work just fine.

The issue with ''clicking'' has to do with 2 factors.

The output lag of your screen and the response time of your mouse.

The best monitors for gaming (undoubtly) were CRTs. The had 0 lag...0. Right now LCDs have good lag timings but that depends on the panel and the dimension. As you go big, the output lag increases. The so called gaming monitors with 5-10 ms lag, is a very good option at 24-27 inches and will cover most of player's needs.

Let's go to the mouse now. Same story. Gaming mouses (wired naturally) are faster and most responsive while you play your game.

There's a third factor which i prefered to leave it out....the hardware of the system and the OS, but these are deep waters, so let's stick for now to the above two ''prime suspects'', mouse and monitor.

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2021 7:29 AM

Thank you Yiannis.

I have a vague memory that this game is locked to 60FPS (frames per second), so there goes my theory, doesn't matter how many hertz's your screen has if that's the case, does it?

• PAGES
RSS