Forums

Help › Forums

Looking to join an active country club...

Tue, Aug 31 2021 8:01 AM (26 replies)
  • phipster
    4,385 Posts
    Mon, Aug 16 2021 2:51 AM

Most of the high level clubs are less interested in a player's daily XP streak than whether they regularly play in club tournaments and participate in Club Clashes and Turf Wars and join in the banter of the Club Forum...

Joining TYBR means that you are instantly a 'member' as we don't operate a trial period so you are able to do anything you want - create tournaments, invite people to join, etc. We don't encourage/cajole/force people to buy Club Passes but instead ask them to use the free ones as regularly as possible.

In common with the vast majority of active clubs we have 20/30 very active members and another 40/50 players who turn out occasionally in Clashes, Turf Wars and club tournaments.

I may be biased but TYBR is as good as WGT gets unless you want to be a member of an aggressively competitive club...

• WillieSinkit
    1,738 Posts
    Mon, Aug 16 2021 6:38 AM

I've just done a count up at RavensWood Hollow and we currently have in excess of 3,000 credits in prize money on offer. Club tourneys are setup as Open to All and Tiered so some of it could be yours - that's if you're good enough ?

Willie

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Mon, Aug 16 2021 10:41 AM

Cuppycake0:
    Hey guys, thank you for the interest & the replies. Just so you know, I've received a bunch of friend requests & about 24 club invites, but I haven't picked a club yet because an invite doesn't tell me much about the club.I'm not the kind to bounce from club to club. I prefer to pick one that looks like a good fit and make a go of it. So if you could reply & tell me a little about your club, that would make choosing a lot easier. 

So, basically, you're looking for club owners to come to you.

You've received 24 invites in 9 days.  How many of those club owners have you contacted and had a conversation with during that time?  

Joining a CC is a relationship that works both ways.  Club owners want members that show interest in the club, not just tire-kickers.  I'd suggest you start going through your 24 invites, and all the posts above, and start talking directly with the owners of the clubs that interest you.

• WillieSinkit
    1,738 Posts
    Tue, Aug 17 2021 4:26 AM

Cuppycake0:

Hi, I'm a Tour Master with a 68 average who plays EVERY day (current daily streak 294) 

Really ?

Or have I missed something ?

• RickinWaSt
    2,062 Posts
    Tue, Aug 17 2021 7:17 AM

>>> Joining a CC is a relationship that works both ways.  Club owners want members that show interest in the club, not just tire-kickers.  I'd suggest you start going through your 24 invites, and all the posts above, and start talking directly with the owners of the clubs that interest you. 

Spot on! Within my 1 1/2 years of starting WGT, I've been in 3 CC and currently a member of TPC. They "why" behind joining TPC and remaining there is this. You can join a CC and become the lone wolf and not interacting with other members, or join in and be active in their forum, play others via Discord, etc. 

Choose!

• GAC4151
    458 Posts
    Tue, Aug 17 2021 10:08 PM

Hi there. I see you have had a number of clubs that have invited you to join. About 4  years ago I went thru the same process till I joined Disco Inferno. Although  we play in the Clash and participate in Turf Wars no one is required too. We use Telegram for communicating. Come join us to see if it’s a good fit or you. I sent an invite

• Cuppycake0
    813 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2021 11:30 AM

What is that? Sarcasm? Yeah that'll win me over. 🙄

• Ladychipper
    22,630 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2021 8:54 AM

Hello Fellow Biker,

Check out The Peoples Club.  All the info about the club is right here:

https://www.wgt.com/forums/t/567497.aspx

Best Wishes,

Marion

• LeftyMcGee7
    449 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2021 10:12 AM

Ladychipper:

Hello Fellow Biker,

Check out The Peoples Club.  All the info about the club is right here:

https://www.wgt.com/forums/t/567497.aspx

Best Wishes,

Marion

I'd join hers mano.

Hers or mine. 

Probably hers. Lol

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2021 2:49 PM
    Cuppycake0:

What is that? Sarcasm? Yeah that'll win me over. 🙄

Maybe he wasn't trying to win you over!! As an owner, I have to wonder about what type of asset, that you would be? You're a director in the club that you're in, and looking to abandon ship? According to your scores, you haven't participated in any club tourneys, club xps, is about all I can see that you contribute. Now, you want the owners of other clubs, to cast you a line, to win you over? I'm not a hater, but like I said, as an owner, I don't see enough positives, to want you to join us. These are just observations,,that alot of owners look for.
RSS