Forums

Help › Forums

On Being Fashionably Late

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 9 2021 5:35 AM (5 replies)
  • Slimjim001
    1,023 Posts
    Fri, Aug 6 2021 5:09 AM

Over the years, I’ve noticed that some WGT “celebrities” and “wanna-be celebrities” who are involved in multi-player competitions tend to be the last to show up and play. I’ve quizzed some in an effort to understand the strategy to this being fashionably late. No one seems to know…or just won’t say.  I suspect there is no strategy. It’s probably more about ego. I too have my celebrities, players whom I admire but mine are people who respect others by showing up in a timely manner and trying to blend in rather than stand out.

• gonfission
    2,227 Posts
    Fri, Aug 6 2021 5:38 AM

Slimjim001:
    I too have my celebrities, players whom I admire

you're making me blush

• craigswan
    30,837 Posts
    Sat, Aug 7 2021 2:51 AM

Arriving late shows irresponsibility and self-centeredness..

In say Latin America, this idea is extremely common, so some people from these countries may not even think twice about arriving to an event later than the scheduled time..

Zero minutes is an acceptable time to be late. If you are late you are saying that someone else's time isn’t as important as yours..

So don’t be late at all, it isn’t fashionable and is unforgivable, and they’ll probably start without you anyway. .

I have no patience for habitually late people, and as I get older and the amount of time left to me dwindles, I will not tolerate it .

I am always early - Setting a trend .

• craigswan
    30,837 Posts
    Sat, Aug 7 2021 2:56 AM

Running Late Alarm Clock GIF by truTV’s Adam Ruins Everything

• gonfission
    2,227 Posts
    Sat, Aug 7 2021 3:26 PM

craigswan:
    I have no patience for habitually late people, and as I get older and the amount of time left to me dwindles, I will not tolerate it .

I can't stop myself......................

RSS