Forums

Help › Forums

Is it against the rules to complain about WGT?

Fri, Aug 27 2021 9:25 AM (22 replies)
  • Cuppycake0
    813 Posts
    Thu, Jul 29 2021 3:07 PM

I've playing this game for over 2 years and I (along with many others) have noticed some changes that nobody I've.spoken to is happy about. I made what I (and others I've shared it with) felt was a very honest, accurate, and fair post. Howeverw when I tried to post it, I received a message saying my post was awaiting approval. It's been over 2 weeks and it hasn't posted.

Now since there was NO foul language used, nor any accusations made, and there were only points of observation stated, I can't help but to feel that the reason for it not being approved mod or admin didn't like it. 

Just to be clear, my intent is not to bash WGT. I made the post in hopes that maybe if enough people acknowledged the same dissatisfaction, then perhaps the developers might address these issues so that everyone could enjoy the game more.

So my question is... Are we not allowed to air our grievances in hopes that the developers may take them into consideration and do something to correct them?

Sincerely,

Cuppycake0

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Fri, Jul 30 2021 2:31 PM

Cuppycake0:

I made what I (and others I've shared it with) felt was a very honest, accurate, and fair post. However when I tried to post it, I received a message saying my post was awaiting approval. It's been over 2 weeks and it hasn't posted.

Now since there was NO foul language used, nor any accusations made, and there were only points of observation stated, I can't help but to feel that the reason for it not being approved mod or admin didn't like it. 

Just to be clear, my intent is not to bash WGT. I made the post in hopes that maybe if enough people acknowledged the same dissatisfaction, then perhaps the developers might address these issues so that everyone could enjoy the game more.

So my question is... Are we not allowed to air our grievances in hopes that the developers may take them into consideration and do something to correct them?

Expressing dissatisfaction is certainly allowed.  WGT is actually very good about letting us air our grievances. I'm sure a lot of the critical things people (including myself) post here in the Forums about WGT sting a bit when they read them, so I give them credit for that. 

Perhaps there was something in your post, maybe just some small part of it, that was against the posting rules, and they rejected the entire post based on that.  I would suggest maybe carefully rephrasing what you were trying to say, making sure it fits all of the Posting Guidelines, and then reposting it here as a reply to this thread.  

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, Jul 30 2021 8:39 PM

Cuppycake0:
    I made what I (and others I've shared it with) felt was a very honest, accurate, and fair post. Howeverw when I tried to post it, I received a message saying my post was awaiting approval.
    This is a feature, not a bug: Each player is on moderation for his first ?30? posts, and, judging from your number of 2, the other was your first one.

Cuppycake0:
    It's been over 2 weeks and it hasn't posted.
    This is extraordinary, but I wouldn't read too much into it.

I can confirm from your Activity list that the other post hasn't been published (but counted?). This may have been inadvertedly or indeed on purpose - I fear that you won't get any confirmation after such a long time.

But, as Sam stated, critique is possible, and quite a few heavy rants have been published problem-free. Alas, don't break the posting guidelines too harshly, like harassing the mods, it might cost you some privileges!

I'd say, try again, and choose your words wisely!

• lplayforthefun
    102 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2021 3:10 AM

1 word. YES

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2021 1:23 PM

Cuppycake0:

The short answer is yes, although to the second part hope yes but don't expect.

The answers you've been given are, I think, broadly correct for the people giving them but not necessarily for you.  The main difference is your posts are moderated and theirs are not.  This means if they had posted exactly what you did then it would have gone up and people may have quoted it and replied.  So for wgt with you, people assume you said something that broke the rules for posting (which incidentally are so vague and all-encompassing that could be anything), unmoderated posts we all see so our (the players) opinions are informed and wgt's decisions are public.

What wgt do with unmoderated posts varies but if it's borderline they probably leave them as it's more hassle to delete them and any other post that have quoted them, but with you they can just press the delete button before it's seen.  They may even have completely misunderstood what you meant.

If wgt don't like particular threads then they delete them or freeze them so there is no further comment.  I had a thread frozen recently; it was asking if one player coaching another was within the rules.  Wgt didn't answer they just froze the thread, to freeze it I assume they had cause and to have cause they must have read it, but rather than clarifying their position they chose to stifle the debate.  No doubt wgt would say something like "the thread had run its course" but it hadn't as they didn't give an answer.

I still don't really know if coaching is allowed in the only tournament on here where real money can be won, or generally in credit tournaments but I'm pretty sure there are those that do (both know and coach).

I did hear that a mod said to someone on Discord that it was allowed; someone who was there told someone else who then told me :-/ that's hardly official though.

There was/will be those on here who ask why I didn't ask a mod rather than make a public thread.  That though is the whole point, something like the actual rules of the game should be known to all of us not a privilege of those that the mods are friendly with or perhaps some who have monthly meetings with wgt.

Meanwhile we've had another round of the E-Tour.

Anyway, I've gone a bit off track, I wanted to illustrate that even if you do manage to post (moderated or unmoderated) getting any sort of an answer is much more difficult and hopes may be all you have on wgt listening. 

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2021 2:14 PM

From experience .

Your quote -  if one player coaching another was within the rules..

Could be taken different ways .

Extremely dodgy even .

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2021 2:46 PM

Here is the bottom line on WGT and complaints. They don't really care! 

People threaten to quit, do quit, write nasty reviews, talk about boycotts. None of these things has anything to do with their bottom line .  For many it is hard to believe that WGT has no interest in any revenue created by WGT players. It is all about advertising.

Topgolf Media had this to say: "WGT Golf (www.WGT.com and mobile app stores) is the #1 free golf game with over 450 million virtual rounds played and 5+ million mobile downloads". Those numbers generate lots of ad revenue, 

Next look at  where Topgolf  invests its money. Sure isn't WGT.  Topgolf generates its cash flow from its entertainment centers which have nice burgers and great beer. Callaway got involved because of those sites, not WGT. And Callaway, who has acquired Topgolf, will construct more Topgolf facilities and sell even more burgers and beer.

But if you were to voice a complaint about your local Topgolf facility, I have no doubt that you would hear from someone. You see, it is about the bottom line, but that line isn't here.

RSS