Forums

Help › Forums

Perfect power, I get the ding sound and still lose ball way left

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 27 2021 12:32 PM (7 replies)
  • michaelwoodsyall
    2 Posts
    Sat, Jul 24 2021 12:44 PM

Why is this happening with balls I pay actual money for? I line up and execute a perfect shot, according to the swing meter, and my ball goes shooting off to the left out of bounds. I lose that ball and I am forced to use a new ball. This is ridiculous. 

• BOZskills
    388 Posts
    Sun, Jul 25 2021 4:54 AM

Where's your aiming box? Have you factored in the wind? It's not always wgt most times it's operator error. Not sure what device you're playing on but in the mobile game,you have to be careful of touching the screen,after you've lined up your shot. This will cause the aimer to move in the direction of where you touched the screen.

• pase4win
    232 Posts
    Sun, Jul 25 2021 8:10 AM

michaelwoodsyall:

Why is this happening with balls I pay actual money for? I line up and execute a perfect shot, according to the swing meter, and my ball goes shooting off to the left out of bounds. I lose that ball and I am forced to use a new ball. This is ridiculous. 

Wgt must be not making enough money so they do this for you to buy more balls.

Pase

• michaelwoodsyall
    2 Posts
    Sun, Jul 25 2021 11:43 AM

I am using the desktop app with a wired mouse. There was no cross wind. The wind was a straight headwind. My shot was lined up directly onto the pin. My left to right meter was placed perfectly in the middle and the "ding" sound played. There is no reason why my ball should have went flying out to the left out of bounds. This was not operator error at all. I did not click my mouse a second time or have any accidents.

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Sun, Jul 25 2021 12:13 PM

pase4win:

michaelwoodsyall:

Wgt must be not making enough money so they do this for you to buy more balls.

Pase

This comment above is total BS, but thinking BOZ is correct.  You need to watch where the aim box is,  It can get off screen, due to you moving it, in a different view or using the mini map, causing that to happen, both to the right and left.

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Tue, Jul 27 2021 12:34 AM

The only other thing I can think of for this kind of result to your shot is that you had a bad lie. It has happened to me on a few occasions, one of which was where I was on a hump in front of one of Oakmonts bunkers. The shot didn't go forwards at all, it went up and backwards landing behind me.

Can you remember where you were at the time (an I don't mean in front of your computer, lol).

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Jul 27 2021 7:02 AM

another possibility can be some of the holes on Wolf Creek. There are quite a few holes that you can cut distance off by aiming left or right quite a bit. Depending on wind etc etc.

The thing about this is that the wind direction is based on your initial view. if you move the marker way over then you have to visualize how the wind is working from that new angle. 13 WC is a classic example of this. 

There are a few others. 

• BOZskills
    388 Posts
    Tue, Jul 27 2021 12:32 PM

Mr. Woods,my response was based on the fact that in your op,you're use of the plural "balls". If this was a one time deal we've all had it happen. It's called vem. Contact customer support and they'll probably return your ball. Be sure to be specific about brand and level of the ball. Gl.

RSS