Help › Forums

Lingering until timer runs out

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 26 2023 11:03 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • eucliDean0
    1 Posts
    Sat, Jul 24 2021 8:50 AM

I do not understand why players remain inactive until the time runs down. If it's 90 seconds, it's very tedious. Does waiting give you some advantage that I am unaware of? It takes me about 15 seconds. Is it nerves? To me it is confusing.  Thanks

• dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Sat, Jul 24 2021 3:00 PM

Some people are actually Using a calculator to figure out their shot, or looking at t their charts And of course others are just wasting time

• Dex000
    109 Posts
    Sat, Jul 24 2021 4:10 PM

They're figuring out the math. 

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Sun, Jul 25 2021 8:33 AM

eucliDean0:

I do not understand why players remain inactive until the time runs down. If it's 90 seconds, it's very tedious. Does waiting give you some advantage that I am unaware of? It takes me about 15 seconds. Is it nerves? To me it is confusing.  Thanks

Very simple , it`s their way of stealing a win . They keep timing out you get frustrated and quit . They get a cheap and easy win . Others will become disrespectful and use foul language or racial slurs to get the same results .

This is what you have to put up with when playing people you dont know . This is why you play with club members if you belong to a club . Also create a friends list and only play with those people . Otherwise always expect to play with the less desirables when playing the unknowns . 

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Sun, Jul 25 2021 8:50 AM

lonniescott711:
    Otherwise always expect to play with the less desirables when playing the unknowns

There's a musical about them sorts...

Les Desirables

...I'll get me coat.  : ))

• billycash74
    2,074 Posts
    Mon, Jul 26 2021 3:57 AM

you have other options than a 90 sec clock. 60 45 and 30 are on the table.  change the clock instead of coming here crying about how long people take. sometimes i take 15 seconds to hit the ball. sometimes i take the whole 90. it depends on the shot. grown people crying in the forums is unbecoming.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Mon, Jul 26 2021 8:05 AM

In most of the multi-player rounds that I set or am a part of I choose 90 seconds. And most of the time I don't come close to using 90 seconds.  But I also hate running out of time or being concerned that  I am on the "clock". Peace of mind helps in lining up a long breaking putt on Merion.

So if the people I am playing with take 90 seconds, I have no problem. I don't like speed chess any more than I like speed golf. Some moves require more thought.

• PAGES
RSS