Forums

Help › Forums

Screen Shot in Full Screen mode

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 22 2021 9:56 AM (8 replies)
  • JaRTennBogey
    73 Posts
    Wed, Jul 21 2021 1:51 PM

Using laptop--windows 8.1--playing in full screen mode, a question-not directed to--but asking that maybe Scott Hope or Sam Spayed might have some insight of. When playing in full screen mode--how can i take a screen shot? I know i can take one playing in "windowed mode". But i have yet to have figured out if it can be done in full screen mode.--Again---running a basic laptop---more than enough to run WGT to play, but no way to add extra graphic cards,etc.--i ask this only for times i wish to save a screen shot for the appropriate reasons.

• BStanley6
    1,179 Posts
    Wed, Jul 21 2021 2:47 PM

I press the print screen button to screenshot

• mikegooner0
    13,841 Posts
    Wed, Jul 21 2021 3:34 PM

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Wed, Jul 21 2021 4:00 PM

mikegooner0:

That's what I do.  

Doing that saves a screenshot to your C:\Users\%username%\Pictures\Screenshots folder.

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Wed, Jul 21 2021 11:42 PM

That's cool, didn't realise that shortcut saved it to a folder. Still learning everyday.  : )

Thank you.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2021 7:52 AM

On my old PC (I upgraded at the end of 2020 to one with a GPU) using the keyboard shortcut would only save a snapshot of my desktop, even though I had the game up in full screen mode. 

If playing through Steam there is a different keyboard shortcut for screenshots though. I can't quite remember what it is but suspect it is F12.

Nigel

• JaRTennBogey
    73 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2021 9:18 AM

As Wutpa stated--using print screen when playing in fullscreen mode-all i get is a snapshot of my desktop,not the game screen.

I know i can switch to windowed mode in settings and do a print screen that way.But if playing in full screen mode during a round--i was wondering if a screen shot could be saved.I am playing through the launcher not steam.

Maybe it can be done on a newer or higher end computer. But i'm not buying a new computer just because if it.

Thanks all for helping

• Yiannis1970
    3,261 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2021 9:33 AM

JaRTennBogey:

As Wutpa stated--using print screen when playing in fullscreen mode-all i get is a snapshot of my desktop,not the game screen.

Had the same problem. The solution is to disable aero and then take the screenshot. (the problem is caused only in fullscreen mode and NOT on windowed)

Unfortunately, from what i know, you can't disable aero on win8.

So, the only solution is to proceed with a recording for few seconds and then extract the frame or take a screenshot while you playback the file with your player.

Luckily for me on the ''glorious'' win7, you can disable or enable aero at will.

RSS