Forums

Help › Forums

The old game

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 20 2021 12:15 AM (3 replies)
  • TheCarGuy
    17 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2021 12:53 PM

I have been playing WGT for about 12 years. What I enjoyed most was grabbing a cold adult beverage, linking up with three other guys, and playing a round of golf. I liked being able to pick my own course, type of play, and having a relaxing round. Unless I am horribly missing something, that is gone. 

Are there other desktop based golf games I can play? I hate to leave WGT but I'm not a huge fan of this new game.

• Tabarnak777
    166 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2021 3:57 PM

You can still do all of these. But the friend list part has been dumbed down. Now you have to invite anyone who is green and hoping they are actually not playing. Because you just can't know.

Of course there isn't only just that way to gather friends. I won't enumerate them all but any social network with a WGT community can do the job.

To create a game you have to pick ''stroke play'' or ''alternate shots'' under the multiplayer tag. Then choose course and stuff.

• Dex000
    109 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2021 12:15 AM

What new game are you talking about? 

It's the same game as it always was, and all those things you said you enjoy never went away. You can have a beer, link up with three other guys, play a round of golf. You can pick your own course, the type of play, and have a relaxing round. How is any of that gone. 

If you ignore the magic clothes and the coin games and you set your putting speed to classic, it's the exact same game as the flash version.. 

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2021 6:25 AM

I have been here 10 years and nothing has changed with the PC/Mac App.You can invite your friends to play Stroke Alt Match Skins and pick the course you want.

RSS