Forums

Help › Forums

One Putt % - Question

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 5 2021 6:43 AM (4 replies)
  • pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2021 5:21 PM

so after 60000+ putts, my PPH doesn't move much, if at all.  I like to look at numbers as a way of whether I am improving, so I keep track of certain things, such as 1 putt percentage.

Which got me thinking...

At the end of my round it shows 7 One Putt, 2 Two putt...so I am assuming my 1 putt percentage is the number of holes where I one putt vs how many of my 11 putts were 1 putt.  

77.78% One putt (if done by 1 putt holes)

Is that an accurate assumption?

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2021 6:47 PM

Your one putt % is      48.97

Your two putt % is      46.78

Three or more % is      4.25

These %'s total        100.00

Therefore any time you take three or more putts on a hole it will only count as one unit. In your example then  you are correct that it would be 77.78% one putts.  The eleven putts in total has no bearing, 

If, however you had a two putt hole and a four putt hole your percentages would be

77.78 % one putt

11.11 % two putt

11.11 % three or more

Rather, it is  the number of each kind of "putts per hole" that you have divided by the number of holes that were putted. Hole outs not putted will also not factors.

• pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Sun, Jul 4 2021 9:45 AM

thanks.  I thought so.

• jacktrade51
    10,835 Posts
    Sun, Jul 4 2021 8:42 PM

pdiehm:
    so after 60000+ putts, my PPH doesn't move much, if at all.  I like to look at numbers as a way of whether I am improving, so I keep track of certain things, such as 1 putt percentage.

All your WGT stats (other than average) track back to when you were a hack.  That's why your putting stats barely move.

I would love to know my stats Hack-TM, as a Legend, and TL+.  Alas, unless we wrote the numbers down at the time and calculate them ourselves, we cannot get those.

Tom.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Jul 5 2021 6:43 AM

instead of looking at 1 putt percentage.

look at ADP and 3 putt percentage.

If you keep dropping your ADP then your putting % will improve. 

RSS