Forums

Help › Forums

Rush Showdown Issue

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 16 2021 1:39 PM (5 replies)
  • Mike41395
    2 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2021 4:35 PM

Played the first three holes of the elimination round, and parred all three. I was given three bogeys. Played the second three holes, and scored par, par, birdie. I was then informed that I had played all of the holes in the elimination round. I had played 6 out of 9 that were scored incorrectly, and I ended up +2. Anyone else have an issue similar to this?

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Mon, Jul 5 2021 1:42 PM

Sadly this happens every showdown , plenty been said already , if you feel you have been treated unfairly , best send an email to members@worldgolftour.com and ask for your entry fee back. 
     All the best 

• andreaswetzel
    170 Posts
    Mon, Jul 5 2021 1:56 PM

Hi all

I have a question.How is it possible for a player to forfeit on the last hole of a showdown round,and not allow you to play your final putt for birdie,and thereby being penalized and given a bogey,slipping down the leaderboard,whereas I could have moved up 2 places on the leaderboard,losing valuable prizes?It seems to be a common occurance,which I feel needs to be addressed by WGT

Greetings

Andreas

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Mon, Jul 5 2021 6:35 PM

You are correct Andreas . WGT are fully aware of this issue , it happened again to me this time , I wasn’t able to continue and I too was knocked out of the leaderboard position , despite doing what has previously been advised in these forums . The responses from WGT , that I received , was a reimbursement of entry fee , and a message that they were looking into the matter further and were  hoping to soon have it resolved. Watch this space !! 

• AlaskanDame
    18,875 Posts
    Mon, Jul 5 2021 9:16 PM

Very sorry to hear these situations are still happening.   I had a guy forfeit on the last hole of our round while we were still in the fairway.  I got to finish out.  I also had a guy forfeit before we even teed off.  I got to play all three of those holes alone.

It’s really not fair that some can continue the round (like me) and some cannot (like BB and Andreas).

I would  guess that the OP may have quit the app (or at least moved away from the showdown) after WGT matched him up with someone for holes 1-3 but before the matchup was visible to the OP.  He thought he had no match yet, but he did.  That’s how he would get  the bogeys.  Then, his 3 pars were actually holes 4-6 and then he also played 7-9, thinking he had only played two sets, not 3.  

RSS