Forums

Help › Forums

Rush Showdown Issue

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 16 2021 1:39 PM (5 replies)
  • Mike41395
    2 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2021 4:35 PM

Played the first three holes of the elimination round, and parred all three. I was given three bogeys. Played the second three holes, and scored par, par, birdie. I was then informed that I had played all of the holes in the elimination round. I had played 6 out of 9 that were scored incorrectly, and I ended up +2. Anyone else have an issue similar to this?

• bossbird
    1,288 Posts
    Mon, Jul 5 2021 1:42 PM

Sadly this happens every showdown , plenty been said already , if you feel you have been treated unfairly , best send an email to members@worldgolftour.com and ask for your entry fee back. 
     All the best 

• andreaswetzel
    169 Posts
    Mon, Jul 5 2021 1:56 PM

Hi all

I have a question.How is it possible for a player to forfeit on the last hole of a showdown round,and not allow you to play your final putt for birdie,and thereby being penalized and given a bogey,slipping down the leaderboard,whereas I could have moved up 2 places on the leaderboard,losing valuable prizes?It seems to be a common occurance,which I feel needs to be addressed by WGT

Greetings

Andreas

• bossbird
    1,288 Posts
    Mon, Jul 5 2021 6:35 PM

You are correct Andreas . WGT are fully aware of this issue , it happened again to me this time , I wasn’t able to continue and I too was knocked out of the leaderboard position , despite doing what has previously been advised in these forums . The responses from WGT , that I received , was a reimbursement of entry fee , and a message that they were looking into the matter further and were  hoping to soon have it resolved. Watch this space !! 

• AlaskanDame
    13,990 Posts
    Mon, Jul 5 2021 9:16 PM

Very sorry to hear these situations are still happening.   I had a guy forfeit on the last hole of our round while we were still in the fairway.  I got to finish out.  I also had a guy forfeit before we even teed off.  I got to play all three of those holes alone.

It’s really not fair that some can continue the round (like me) and some cannot (like BB and Andreas).

I would  guess that the OP may have quit the app (or at least moved away from the showdown) after WGT matched him up with someone for holes 1-3 but before the matchup was visible to the OP.  He thought he had no match yet, but he did.  That’s how he would get  the bogeys.  Then, his 3 pars were actually holes 4-6 and then he also played 7-9, thinking he had only played two sets, not 3.  

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Fri, Jul 16 2021 1:39 PM

AlaskanDame:
    I had a guy forfeit on the last hole of our round while we were still in the fairway.  I got to finish out.  I also had a guy forfeit before we even teed off.  I got to play all three of those holes alone.

AD . That is what is supposed to happen . If the opponent did not make all efforts to remain in the game .

AlaskanDame:
    It’s really not fair that some can continue the round (like me) and some cannot (like BB and Andreas).

That is true for the players that have been unintended and unfairly forfeited .

Which had been happening to me in every showdown I played in .Been receiving forfeits for doing nothing but waiting for the opponent to stop screwing around .

Member Services assuring me that wasn't supposed to happen and they were frantically working on resolving this .

I have to believe they were speaking the truth .

There are impatient people that don't let the program run its course . They will receive deserved forfeits .

In the Beach Bum Showdown . My opponent left early . His fault . He got forfeited . But I , for the 1st time was able to play the 3 holes solo .

This was a GR8 improvement for me .And I had no false forfeits the rest of the event .

If the number of reported false forfeits is reduced or eliminated in this Beach Bum . Then they really have made some progress .

Lets hope so .

RSS