Forums

Help › Forums

Uninvited Friends

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 1 2021 7:40 AM (5 replies)
  • Slimjim001
    1,023 Posts
    Tue, Jun 29 2021 6:06 AM

How is it that I have been finding new friends on my Profile page recently when I have not been receiving friends requests from them nor approving any? Any advice?

• wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Tue, Jun 29 2021 9:30 AM

Slimjim001:
    How is it that I have been finding new friends on my Profile page recently when I have not been receiving friends requests from them nor approving any? Any advice?

Jim, ... I sent out requests months ago while I was in a Club. Some are still coming in as there are tons of folks that left the game...waaay back.... 

Unlike Club requests where you can remove them, the friend requests if sent remain until the player accepts or denies. 

Just a possible....

Mark 

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2021 12:26 PM

The only way I know of to cancel a friend request you've sent is to go to MY ACCOUNT, then Block the player, then Unblock them. 

If you have friends that you want to remove, do it in the App, not here on the web site.  For some reason, removing them via the web site doesn't always work.

Hope this helps.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Thu, Jul 1 2021 3:59 AM

Weird things have been happening , as I already posted I keep getting requests to play from people who are not on my friends list , nor me on their friends list. Today I accepted one , and played and asked how they had managed to invite me , they said I was on their friend list , ……. But I wasn’t , I checked their list I wasn’t there. Most peculiar!

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Thu, Jul 1 2021 4:56 AM

Here are my thoughts Lesley.

When I create a multiplayer game, I get two buttons to add more players, Anyone & Invite.

If I click the invite button, a list of my online friends pops up with a search bar above. If I type something into the search bar and click search, I believe it searches for anyone who is online whose name contains what you searched for. It doesn't just search your friends list.

That's probably why people think that what the search returns, is a list of people on their friends list.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Thu, Jul 1 2021 7:40 AM

That sounds plausible , except in the instance of the one I did accept and play , I specifically ask how they had come to invite me , and the reply was that I was on their friends list. But I wasn’t because when I had the invite the day before I checked out their profile and friends list and I was not on it and they were definitely not on mine . Thats why I say it’s weird ! 

But I appreciate your thought Scott , thank you, Lesley  

RSS