Forums

Help › Forums

**Downtime Tonight (6/22/2021) Special Start Time 8pmPT

Thu, Jul 1 2021 2:52 AM (1 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2021 3:56 PM

Hi everyone, 

We have a downtime tonight 6/22/2021 starting at 8PM Pacific. 

Please be sure to finish up your rounds and be off before then. 

Expected downtime is 3 hours. 

If it's a normal 3-hours then why do it at 8pm instead of 10pm like you usually do? 

The reason is that if there are any issues that arise during this downtime it's likely to take a lot longer to fix them. We obviously don't expect that to be the case but we're ready just in case. 

_CHAMPION

P.S. We have another downtime scheduled for next Tuesday 6/29 to do the normal stuff and get my UK friends their WGT Classic apparel. 

P.P.S. (is that right or is it PSS?) I mentioned both downtimes in the June community post which you should read if you haven't-- if only because I work hard on those. <3 

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2021 4:55 PM

Thank you Sir .

OPY

• okiechuck
    6,454 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2021 5:34 PM

Thanks for the heads up Champ. I will pass it along to the Club.

Cheers, Chuck

• protonc
    644 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2021 6:15 PM

Gotcha! ;-p

• AlaskanDame
    18,967 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2021 6:19 PM

I’m not as excited about this new Unity platform you are working on so hard.  Do you know that both the flags AND the tee markers given in the last Clash (palm trees) don’t work for Mac users?  They get en error message that includes the word “Unity,” so we are thinking that is the culprit.

Previously, we have discovered that certain other Clash prizes don’t work even for desktop Windows users (but are fine for mobile.). Like Eiffel Tower and Red Pickup Truck.  JDGhost & co. did extensive research and discovered that those tee markers (and a couple others) could be used, but not the associated flags, so we, as a club, were/are getting around the glitch by leaving flags on “default” for club tourneys and only using Clash tee markers.

Now, with the advent of the trouble with the palm trees affecting both the flags and the tee  markers, we no longer know how to safely set up a club game with Clash tee markers that everyone can play.  Obviously, this is especially a problem for any comp with a pot attached, but also for brackets and team tourneys.  Can’t afford WD’s from Unity errors.

Champ, is the continued work with Unity going to mean that previously issued tee markers that currently work will become unusable?  Or can we at least rely on them?

Also, going forward, should we bother to play the Clash for new tee markers that won’t be usable?   

Hope you have some good news for us there.  We kinda enjoy new tee markers, but only if they are useable.  So please don’t mess them up with Unity.

Thanks.

• JohnKokopeliRidg
    59 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2021 11:43 PM

Hello WGT Champion,

The update today seemed to go fine . However after restarting the game client and opening our Doddering Old Fools  CC all of the previous 10 days or so of club chat messages are gone!

I don't  think this has never occurred before in the 21months I have been playing WGT golf. I am quite sure that it has not happened in over a year. 

Will the chat messages be returned or do we have to start over with repeating all the information lchat messages posted for all members.

JohnKokopeliRidg

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2021 12:27 AM

Champ, incase you don’t know , just a small thing to report , the light on inbox no longer comes on when we win the apparel boxes. This is on mobile on iPad. No big deal , just FYI.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2021 1:27 AM

WGTChampion:
    P.P.S. (is that right or is it PSS?)

It's PPS. Post PostScript. Post meaning after.  ; )

• spnorton
    401 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2021 4:54 AM

Aaand what happened to our Club messages? Gone! 
    In the last week, profile pics have disappeared, flags have disappeared, and now club messages have disappeared. The WGT server/IT folks are not having a good week. 

• BlackLabelBraai
    734 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2021 6:05 AM

I don't seem to be able to fire up the app

All other websites including Twitter and whatsapp are working fine.

I can ping 8.8.8.8 fine albeit with increased latency.

RSS